Realtime protection and scanning not working

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having the same problem! I did enable real-time protection at startup, shut down and rebooted. But that didn't help. Have not deleted program and reinstalled but that doesn't seem  to be helping others. Update is current.

Edited by PeggyAnn43
had not stated that the update was current

16 minutes ago, bygmester said:

Quit the programme and re-start. If that does not fix it re-boot

That helped.

7 minutes ago, PeggyAnn43 said:

I am having the same problem! I did enable real-time protection at startup, shut down and rebooted. But that didn't help. Have not deleted program and reinstalled but that doesn't seem  to be helping others. Update is current.

Weird. And I just now saw someone else with a different security layer shutting down...

19 minutes ago, Jekko said:

This should now be resolved with database update 1.0.1976. After making sure you have the update, please restart your computer and then turn on Web Protection.

Just checked and all good now - scan and real-time functions are restored. Thanks for the quick fix

Just received this email from MWB support;

Welcome to Malwarebytes support, my name is Oscar and I’ll be assisting you today.

There was an issue with corrupted database packages earlier today that affected some 64-bit systems resulting in disabling the real time protection for these machines.  This problem has since been addressed.  

To get things working normally again simply open Malwarebytes and click on “Current” next to where it says Updates in the Dashboard and it should download and install working databases.

If it is able to successfully update but protection still is not working, then please try right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon next to your system clock and select Quit Malwarebytes. Open Malwarebytes once again from your START → Programs menu or from the shortcut located on your Desktop.

If the issue persists, then please try restarting your PC.

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.