v. 3.1.0.1716 - unable to connect to service

Ok, did you perform a normal uninstall after the first failure, or did you use mb-clean? If you used mb-clean, do you still have the mb-clean log that you can upload?

Lastly, please note that we update our support tools pretty consistently so the version of mb-check you used is a little older. We always recommend downloading the latest version from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3_check before uploading logs (the only reason I mention it this time is that it would have grabbed your mb-clean-results.txt log file if it exists)

@dcollins

After CU 1.0.141 came out I first thought I would download and install it in order to get the error and then get new logs for you.  Instead, I just waited until it was installed automatically by the program.  It finally got installed today.  No problems.  I did not get the unable to connect service error.  So, I guess the solution for me is to just wait around and let the auto update work and not download and install over an old version.

Thanks
Bill

Edited by BillH99999

unable to reconnect to service  shortly after installing the newer version.  

I need to have someone hold my hand with this!  From reading this forum it seems like have to uninstall Malwarebytes and reinstall. I have the paid version. The version I have currently installed is 3.1.2.1733

I should reinstall the public version and then put my product keys in if I can find them?

Thanks -LisaJo

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd post an update.

I just downloaded and installed 3.2.2.  The install required that I restart, but it went without a hitch and everything seems to be working fine.  I did not get the "unable to connect service" error that I got on the last four "versions" that I installed including the 3.0 betas, 3.1.0, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2.  Looks like whatever was causing the problem was fixed.

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by BillH99999