Ransomware protection: unavailable

Hi,

I noticed, that the Ransomware protection is not available on neither of our two PCs (MB 3,0,6), just wanted to ask, whether it is unavailable because I choose not to install it, or it is sold by MB separately? Or maybe for whatever reason I decided not to install it during installation, or better said: during upgrading to v. 3,0?

If you are using MBAM 3 then Ransomware Protection should be a part of it, the 4 modules in MBAM 3 are Web, Exploit, Malware and Ransomware protection. If you go to the Settings page and click on the Protecrion tab it should show all 4 modules with a button to turn them either on or off. If it doesn't show Ransomware Protection you may have had a faulty install, maybe uninstall and try installing again. How do you know that you do not have Ransomware protection?

31 minutes ago, GeorgeL said:

Hi,

I noticed, that the Ransomware protection is not available on neither of our two PCs (MB 3,0,6), just wanted to ask, whether it is unavailable because I choose not to install it, or it is sold by MB separately? Or maybe for whatever reason I decided not to install it during installation, or better said: during upgrading to v. 3,0?

It is only available on Win 7 and above.

I would highly recommend replacing those Win XP computers. 

Edited by Porthos