Malwarebytes 3.0.0.912

I've been running malewarebytes for yrs. A few days ago it prompted for download of newest version.....i downloaded......after download mb went automatically to scan...after scan it hung up for hours.....my computer (WIN 7) would not respond to anything......i tried restarting a few times, but my computer would just get hung up ..once on login screen ....next i got to desktop screen, but not responding to anything. I had to restart in safe mode and disable malewarebytes from auto run on startup....computer works normally with mb not running....tried starting malewarebytes...computer becomes totally unresponsive again.

Not sure what version that is... the latest version right now is 3.0.6.1469.  That being said, sometimes the upgrade does not go smoothly.

Let's try this first to get a fresh copy of Malwarebytes installed.... (Please remember to de-activate your Malwarebytes first before un-installing or using the clean removal tool)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

FRST is a safe program to use, sometimes Norton flags it, but it is safe to allow.

If uninstalling is still hanging, you can try booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling from there to see if it helps. The mbamservice log shows some errors, but not really related to the issues you're experiencing. The FRST and mb-check logs are what we'll need primarily.

i ran mbam clean in safe mode.....reinstalled per instructions.....everything seemed to be working fine, but as i was setting up my protection settings in mbam my computer locked up again....tried to restart, but got booted to login screen...computer still would not respond....had to restart in safe and disable mbam on win star up again to get working...

MB-CheckResult.txt