Microsoft Defender Denied Problem

I am having a problem where the following message comes up as a web site.   This "message" is accompanied by an audio message to call the 800 number immediately.  Here is the message as this is the exact wording:

**YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED**

Error # 3658b99d1a1350b

Please call us immediately at: (855) 250-6590

Please do not ignore this safety alert. If you close this page before calling us, your computer access will be disabled to prevent further damage to our network.

Your computer has alerted us that it has been infected with a spyware and a virus. Our system detected that the following information is compromised…

> Facebook Login

> Credit Card Number

> Email Account Login

> Photos stored on this computer

You must call us immediately so that our engineers can walk you through the removal process over the phone.  A certified Windows Support agent is standing by for your call right now.

Toll Free: (855) 250-6590

I believe my system has been hacked. Has anyone run across this, and what can I do? I'm not about to call the (800) number...  The only way I can get rid of the message is by going to Windows Task Manager and ending this specific task. It won't allow me to just close the window by clicking the red "X" at the top of the page.  Please let me know what to do... BTW - when running AVG and the basic Malwarebytes Anti-Malware show no problems. Thank you...

Hi ArizonaEagle :)

These webpages are known as "Tech Support Scam". They are just fake error messages that tries to scare you by saying that there's an issue with your system and that you need to call a number to receive assistance. Calling that number won't help you as the person on the other side of the line will just try to "scam" money out of you, or sell you useless products/services. For more information about these, you can read the article below on Malwarebytes Labs.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/tech-support-scams/

These messages only exists within your web browser (the open webpage), so closing the tab and/or web browser will make it disappear. Your system is not infected. These pop-ups are often pushed via malvertising, so using an adblocker or content blocker like uBlock Origin should prevent you from being redirected to these webpages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!