ceballard

Series of Blocked Websites

I keep getting a series of several notices per minute that an outbound requested web page (via Chrome) has been blocked by Mawarebytes 3.0 (even when I have Chrome closed).  See notice attached.

Blocked Webpage.png

This was a false positive and an update was pushed out to correct it.

17 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

This was a false positive and an update was pushed out to correct it.

I guess I haven't gotten it yet.  I opened MB and updated it (to 1.0.1403), but I'm still getting the same behavior.

1403 is the latest update. If you're still experiencing this, please re-start your machine.

I'm talking to the product and support teams as I've not seen a cached block survive a reboot before.

Are you all on MBAM 3.x?

2 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

I'm talking to the product and support teams as I've not seen a cached block survive a reboot before.

Are you all on MBAM 3.x?

Yes 3.0

multiple reboots, still doing it

Edited by Libertas1

Thank you for confirming.

I started getting this same blocked notification this morning (same IP address as initially posted by ceballard via chrome.exe outbound).

I was running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-Premium 2.2.1.1043

I just ( Mar 2, 2017, @ 8:30am Central) updated to Malwarebytes Premium 3.06.1469 and I'm still getting the same blocked message.

I just rebooted and now not only am I getting the same outbound chrome.exe (same IP) message, I'm also getting a blocked message from svchost.exe & dashost.exe

Edited by Fishboat
version add on 3.06..

Installed the Update package 1.0.1404 (on version 3.0.6.1469) and the popup warning have stopped..so far..I was getting them almost continuously 5-10 minutes ago.

whew..I'll take something simple like this over the real-deal anytime..thx MB

2 minutes ago, Fishboat said:

Installed the Update package 1.0.1404 (on version 3.0.6.1469) and the popup warning have stopped..so far..I was getting them almost continuously 5-10 minutes ago.

whew..I'll take something simple like this over the real-deal anytime..thx MB

Where did you find 1404?

.1404 went out as an alternate publication due to an issue with the update server, it's now been pushed as an official update.

5 minutes ago, ceballard said:

Where did you find 1404?

If you don't have it, force an update..click on the Dashboard > See Scan Status > click on third icon from left & it'll update

That worked.  I was trying to update under Setting/Application - which didn't work.  I'll post back in a few minutes on mu success.  Finger's crossed.

Hi all

This false positive will now be fixed with the most recent database update > 1.0.1404

Again our sincerest apologies on this guys.

* As this issue is confirmed to be resolved i will lock the thread now.