Jump to content
ceballard

Series of Blocked Websites

Recommended Posts

I keep getting a series of several notices per minute that an outbound requested web page (via Chrome) has been blocked by Mawarebytes 3.0 (even when I have Chrome closed).  See notice attached.

Blocked Webpage.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a false positive and an update was pushed out to correct it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

This was a false positive and an update was pushed out to correct it.

I guess I haven't gotten it yet.  I opened MB and updated it (to 1.0.1403), but I'm still getting the same behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1403 is the latest update. If you're still experiencing this, please re-start your machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm talking to the product and support teams as I've not seen a cached block survive a reboot before.

Are you all on MBAM 3.x?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MysteryFCM said:

I'm talking to the product and support teams as I've not seen a cached block survive a reboot before.

Are you all on MBAM 3.x?

Yes 3.0

 

1403

 

multiple reboots, still doing it

Edited by Libertas1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for confirming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started getting this same blocked notification this morning (same IP address as initially posted by ceballard via chrome.exe outbound).

I was running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware-Premium 2.2.1.1043

I just ( Mar 2, 2017, @ 8:30am Central) updated to Malwarebytes Premium 3.06.1469 and I'm still getting the same blocked message.

I just rebooted and now not only am I getting the same outbound chrome.exe (same IP) message, I'm also getting a blocked message from svchost.exe & dashost.exe

Edited by Fishboat
version add on 3.06..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed the Update package 1.0.1404 (on version 3.0.6.1469) and the popup warning have stopped..so far..I was getting them almost continuously 5-10 minutes ago.

whew..I'll take something simple like this over the real-deal anytime..thx MB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fishboat said:

Installed the Update package 1.0.1404 (on version 3.0.6.1469) and the popup warning have stopped..so far..I was getting them almost continuously 5-10 minutes ago.

whew..I'll take something simple like this over the real-deal anytime..thx MB

Where did you find 1404?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.1404 went out as an alternate publication due to an issue with the update server, it's now been pushed as an official update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ceballard said:

Where did you find 1404?

If you don't have it, force an update..click on the Dashboard > See Scan Status > click on third icon from left & it'll update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That worked.  I was trying to update under Setting/Application - which didn't work.  I'll post back in a few minutes on mu success.  Finger's crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

This false positive will now be fixed with the most recent database update > 1.0.1404

Again our sincerest apologies on this guys.

* As this issue is confirmed to be resolved i will lock the thread now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.