*** Malaware Bytes 3.0.6 Uninstall problem..

hi 

I have Windows 10.

I am trying to Uninstall Mal. Bytes 3.0.6 as per your Auto Reply advice from Malaware Bytes 
BUT the Uninstall is stuck - it is now 4.5 Hours into Uninstalling Malaware Bytes and all
I can see is the uninstall window from the Control Panel and the circle going round & round and message
says "please wait while malawarebytes is removed from your computer" & also says "uninstalling Malwarebytes"

BUT - this is now Over 4.5 Hours and NO uninstall takes that long

* 1 = All this started because Mal. Bytes upgraded automatically & then after the upgrade I could not
        access various websites - such as Paypal & You Tube and others

* 1a = Why are these sites restricted..? it was fine before the upgrade.?

*2 = I have tried listing the various sites in web exclusions - but there is NO Save button after you list
      the sites - and then if I close Mal. Bytes & re-open the sites remain unticked and I still cannot access these sites

*3 = I have tried Rebooting my PC after web exclusions but no good 

*4 = Currently I have NO protection at all as malaware bytes is switched OFF due to uninstall

*** I did write to Mal support but get robot replies which in the first instance asked me to Uninstall Mal. Bytes

*** and now I am completely stuck 

*** I cannot uninstall, and then clean the registry with your MBAL TOOL and I cannot install the New version of Mal. Bytes

Please can someone help me urgently..?

Thanks

Andy

hi

Thanks for responding

No - I don't have a ticket open as such - NO Ticket No. has been given to me

Please see the automated reply below in full - but NO ticket no. given
& also NO human being has responded - the robot reply does NOT and has NOT

even read the problem I have - it sent me the email reply below and since my 2nd email
this is the exact same reply been sent to me
and the reply is wrong - I have not been told to revert to 2.2.1 by anyone either..! yet the auto
reply states that in there
and I cannot even action this as the Uninstall is in the middle of it - hanging 

I don't mind IF someone had read my problem and responded with a solution
But no one has and so far nothing so, therefore I have not been allocated any ticket
yet....

* Junk & Spam Folders were already disabled so NO reply will go in there and has not done so.

Over to you, Thanks

"

##########Automated message##################

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes support. Please follow the steps below as we feel may resolve the issue you are currently experiencing:

Step 1: Clean

- Uninstall Malwarebytes 3.0.5 from the "Windows Control Panel":https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-a-program-in-windows/.

- Reboot your computer.

- Note: If you are running or have been advised advised to revert to version 2.2.1,  please download and run the MBAM-clean tool from the link below. This tool will remove any remnants of earlier versions of Malwarebytes prior to version 3.0.

** "MBAM Clean Tool Download":https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

- Reboot your computer

Step 2: Installation

- Download and Run the Malwarebytes 3.0.6 installer from the link below

** "Download MB3 Installer":https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

- Locate and double click the file, mb3-setup-consumer.exe, to run the installer:

** Be sure to check your downloads folder if you do not see the file

** You may see a notification explaining that your existing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, or Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (Beta) applications need to be uninstalled before you can install Malwarebytes 3.0.

- Press Accept, then follow this prompts on the installer window.

- Malwarebytes will open automatically to the new welcome screen.

- If you have a premium subscription for either Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Proceed to Activation.

Step 3: Activation (Premium Subscribers Only)

- If you do not already have your license key on hand, You can obtain your license info here:https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/portal/articles/1835295-how-do-i-obtain-my-license-key-or-confirmation-email-?b_id=6400

- Press the Activate button in the top right.

** If you only see a My Account button in the top right your license has already migrated over. Please click My Account to verify.

- Copy and Paste your License info to the appropriate boxes.

** If your activation info has an ID press the "My license came with a License ID" _link_

- Click the Activate button to activate your Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium license

- Restart your PC one more time.

If these instructions resolved your issue please reply back to let us know.

If these instructions did not resolve your issue please continue on to collect some diagnostic logs for your agent.

Collect Malwarebytes Check Log

- Please download and double-click to run the Malwarebytes 3.0 diagnostic tool: "Mb3_check Download":https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3_check

- A black command prompt window will briefly appear, and a log file will be created. The log will be saved to either your desktop or downloads folder as *mb-checkResult.txt*.

- Please attach that log file in a reply to this email and an agent will reply to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Malwarebytes Support Team

Edited by amdm88

HI

No, I have not yet stopped the Malaware bytes uninstall - cannot cancel it normally.
I don't know how to stop the Uninstall as the 'Cancel' button is greyed out & the circle keeps going round & round
I cannot cancel it  - only way I could is, using Task Manager to end process - but I am afraid to do it this way in case
some remnants get left behind because I interrupted the uninstall as have had a very bad experience before
on my old Laptop and I have to tread carefully.
just tried opening it just now & I get a message saying "To complete uninstllaion of Malawarebytes your PC must be restarted,
Would you like to restart now?"

so I can reboot now - it seems as if - when I tried to open Mal.bytes it then prompted this message...

I have no idea if it is damaged or corrupt..?

Shall I now reboot.....?

I still cannot understand why the Upgrade had to interfere with the normal
Malawarebytes settings and now I cannot access important sites..?
and this upgrade has caused all these problems.

I'll reboot in a few mins. & get back

No, NOT all websites involved

there were 3 to start with - can't remember the 3rd site but the 2 main ones
were Paypal & Youtube

The common message I was getting when trying these sites was as follows:-
DNS Error -  DNS Server is Not Responding
Server DNS Address Could Not be Found

The Pages were simply NOT loading - and when trying to load it took a long time to load
before I got the error message

This above message was the error message and only started after the Upgrade
previously I could visit and access both paypal & youtube fine & never had a problem

Before I realised it was Mal.Bytes stopping me - I tried Flushing DNS solutions etc
still no good

but as soon as I disabled Malaware Bytes - I could access Paypal & youtube

sorry forgot to mention the browser

I mainly use Google Chrome - and this gave me this error
then tried Internet Explorer & again the same problem
and finally tried Microsoft Edge - & again the same message

and these are the only 3 browsers I use - so all 3 denied me access

If it was a malicious site or sites = Paypal & youtibe - then why did the Mal. Bytes before the upgrade
did not do anything at all and let me access to these sites...?

also Paypal is a trusted site and have never had any problems by any protection program stopping
me accessing this site - even previous Mal. Bytes was fine 

• Staff

When all 3 browsers are involved, then that is something that I would need to collect more information on to find out what was going on.

I'm not saying PayPal and YouTube were being blocked as malicious - when an IP block occurs that is related to a browser it is typically due to some browser hook that you are unaware of.

It's not necessarily Malwarebytes 3.06 that is the problem - our database is updated all the time, it could be a recent database update that caused this block to happen all of a sudden.

Go ahead and install version 2.2.1 from here https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam_2x  and if you are still unable to access any sites, please send me a PM (Personal Message) with the email address you used to contact the HelpDesk and I'll locate your Help request and we can work together in there.

• Staff

I'm having you go to 2.2.1 as a method of troubleshooting and to either rule out, or rule in, an issue with 3.0.6

If the issue persists in 2.2.1 as well, then I need to get more information and find out why the blocks are happening.

If 2.2.1 is fine, then we uninstall that and move to 3.0.6 and see what happens.

If issue comes back with 3.0.6 then again, I'll need more information

I have now Rebooted 

1 = Malaware Bytes has been removed - I cannot see any Malawarebytes in Programs & Features 
or on the menu

2= Downloaded & installed v 2.2.1 - it has onstalled & now scanning + it also says this 2.2.1 is out of date..?

3= I tried Paypal & Youtube = all work and fine now

Over to you

&

Thanks

• Staff

Hi amdm88,

Nicely done, thanks  :)

The 2.2.1 will show as out of date only for a short while - it needs to update the database.

So all is well with 2.2.1, so let's uninstall that now via Control Panel then restart the machine.

Next, download and install 3.0.6 from here https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and let me know what happens.

hi 

Ok - all done

1= Re-booted 

2= Re-Installed v3.0.6 - all up & running and protection is ON
     It does say in Top Right Corner = "UPGRADE NOW"

3= However - it does say "you are running FREE Malaware Bytes"
     Hopefully this can be rectified 

4= I have checked both Paypal & Youtube sites & BOTH sites are ok and come up ok
     so can now access these fine 

Over to you

Thanks

Andy

hi

I cannot find the license - I thought I had it saved..?
could only find the 2015 license number 

but - have found the Receipt when I paid in July 2016
I will attach this receipt for you in the PM + the e_mail address

Thanks

========================================================

Just wanted to say a BIG Thank You :) for all your help
Everything resolved in double quick time 
& everything is working fine & I can access the 2 main sites fine now

I appreciate your help in this matter

Have a great day

best wishes

Andy