Full Protection nag messages

I have chosen to turn Exploit Protection off.  I run another program that handles this duty just fine.

It would be nice if MB3 did not constantly display an altered systray icon (red triangle overlaid on blue MB icon), along with assorted other nag messages alluding to this protection feature being disabled.

These constant warnings make me think something else is wrong, or conversely, maybe something else IS wrong but I have grown so accustomed to seeing these warnings that I ignore them.  It's just a setting, and I have chosen to configure the program the way I like it... could you pump the brakes on all the dire warnings, please?

Thanks for your consideration.

MB3 nag I.jpg

MB3 nag II.jpg

Hi mynorgeek :)

Even back in Malwarebytes 2.x, this was a normal behavior. I just checked and it seems that you can't disable notifications for the real-time protection layers in the settings (just adjust the time for which it is displayed, and it's between 3 and 15 seconds). I know this has been suggested many, many times in the past for a future Malwarebytes version though (when 3.0 wasn't even announced).

1 hour ago, Aura said:

Hi mynorgeek :)

Even back in Malwarebytes 2.x, this was a normal behavior. I just checked and it seems that you can't disable notifications for the real-time protection layers in the settings (just adjust the time for which it is displayed, and it's between 3 and 15 seconds). I know this has been suggested many, many times in the past for a future Malwarebytes version though (when 3.0 wasn't even announced).

Difference being that MB3 has added another protection layer, and it is in many cases, one that not everyone wishes to avail themselves of.  The fact that even before they added this additional layer, customers were barking, indicates that it would be something that Marcin and his troops might want to consider implementing... a way to turn off the messages that pertain to how a user has configured the program.  Like if a user turns the message off a half dozen times, then it stops popping up on reboot, and showing in the GUI dialog, and appearing in the systray icon.

33 minutes ago, MikeRepairsComputers said:

I agree.

I am a re-seller with hundreds of active MBAM users. I asked for this feature back in December.

Now I am making a decision to stop selling MBAM, unless they add this feature. Do they care?

That is a very good request, and it certainly works for me.  If they can't chill out on all of the unwanted notifications about how I have the program configured, then give everyone the option to not install certain components.  Please.

Difference being that MB3 has added another protection layer, and it is in many cases, one that not everyone wishes to avail themselves of.

Actually it added two: Anti-Ransomware and Anti-Exploit. And why wouldn't you want additional protection? The Ransomware and Exploit stage is growing up as days goes by. If Malwarebytes wasn't adding these modules in their main product, it wouldn't be able to keep up with the new threats efficiently in my opinion.

Like if a user turns the message off a half dozen times, then it stops popping up on reboot, and showing in the GUI dialog, and appearing in the systray icon.

This could be easily abused by malware to disable Malwarebytes' protection components and the user wouldn't be notified of it. I could probably do that with a script batch script to be honest. There are ways to do what you're asking, but they might not have had the time to test them yet.

Aura, did you read my suggestion from December?

I am a MBAM reseller and a HitManPro.Alert reseller, I like to sell both to my customers.

I prefer to use HitManPro.Alert for anti-ransom and anti-exploit

Problem: If I disable anti-ransom and anti-exploit, MBAM 3 complains that I need to turn on all protection layers.

Solution: Other programs like Avast and Kaspersky let you un-select certain protection features during install, this is what I request of MBAM 3,

Hi MikeRepairsComputers--

Just wanted to let you know we did register this request back in December and it's actually queued for one of our next full upgrades.

I understand that you and others would like the option to disable these real-time protection notices, but our first few upgrades post-3.0 have been more focused on other stability issues.

We have a long queue of other enhancements that we are working on, but it takes a little time to work items through a full release cycle.

We definitely care and hope to keep you as a reseller, but we do have to balance numerous other concerns when prioritizing features in a release.  But I can tell you this one has definitely been approved and will be added in a subsequent upgrade.

2 hours ago, Aura said:

And why wouldn't you want additional protection?

I addressed this question in the second sentence of my original post, Aura.   I run another program that handles these duties just fine.

So it is not a matter of not wanting additional protection, but one of not wanting two conflicting programs running at the same time.  I'm sure you understand the consequences of doing that.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:55 PM, Aura said:

Bull-pucky!  Until 3.0,  I have ***NEVER, EVER*** seen the protection nag in all the time I have run MalwareBytes Premium, and that has been, hmmmm...5 - 8 years?

BTW, the reason I want the protections gone or disabled:  If I enable all the protections, my core i7 system is brought to its knees, speed wise.   And I even run an SSD as my boot drive!  Norton did this when they went to a full protection option,  and they denied it was true for years..even though there were 100's, nee, thousands, of complaints, internet wide, stating otherwise.  My server/workstation is my business, when I go to a web site, or bring up mail, i want my access to be instant, or as close to it as possible.  With all your protections in place, a 5-15 second wait for access, was not uncommon.   Absolutely unacceptable!

So yes, give us the option of turning off the nag or opting out of the bloatware (to me).

MC

Edited by MCharlie
Minor corrections to post.