3.0.6 Update

I just updated to 3.0.6. I deactivated my license and uninstall 3.0.5 and did a reboot. I installed 3.0.6 and activated my license. Everything appears good...so far. There are still 2 bugs; one is cosmetic so it is no big deal. The other is the Edit and Remove buttons in Exploit Protection List is greyed-out. I didn't know if this bug was address in this release, so I thought I would mention it.

The cosmetic bug is in the User Access - you have to hit the tab key twice to get to the password field. No big deal. Also, I really hope the staff considers adding a Backup/Restore feature for Exploit Protection List and possibly other settings. Thanks.

- Version 2 uninstalled -> mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1458.exe installed on W7 / x64: Error message ...
- mbam-clean-2.3.0.1001.exe -> mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.6.1458.exe installed: OK (no error message)
- scan drive C: CPU usage 100% (NB-i5 CPU), the computer is practically
blocked for other work an entire hour ...
- shutdown: about 1.5 minutes (an "improving shutdown time on Windows 7" is still not to be determined)

Preliminary Conclusion: mb3 3.0.6.1458 (like its 3.0-predecessor versions) is practically not usable! (at least on all my W7 systems)
(I had to restore an image from C: to continue to use version 2.1.8, which works fine)

Edited by ZVAXX

50 minutes ago, ZVAXX said:

Preliminary Conclusion: mb3 3.0.6.1458 (like its 3.0-predecessor versions) is practically not usable! (at least on all my W7 systems)
(I had to restore an image from C: to continue to use version 2.1.8, which works fine)

I see some improvement on my Windows 7 netbook
MB 3.0.6.1458 with MSE (with MB exclusions):

- Login to MB icon appearing - was 4:45, now 3:15
- Shutdown time was 4:40, now 1:50

The only way to improve performance further is to remove MSE

I recently installed 3.0.5. I notice that it tells me I am not fully protected and need to turn Exploit Protection on. When I click on it says it is "starting" but never changes! If I update to 3.0.6 do I just uninstall the 3.0.5 and then install 3.0.6? Will I be able to use the same activation key etc. as I used for 3.0.5? Where is the best place to download 3.0.6 from? Thanks for the help!

4 hours ago, fishrman said:

I recently installed 3.0.5. I notice that it tells me I am not fully protected and need to turn Exploit Protection on. When I click on it says it is "starting" but never changes! If I update to 3.0.6 do I just uninstall the 3.0.5 and then install 3.0.6? Will I be able to use the same activation key etc. as I used for 3.0.5? Where is the best place to download 3.0.6 from? Thanks for the help!

Deactivate your licence on the current version, then uninstall it and restart.  Then install 3.0.6 from here:

14 hours ago, John A said:

Deactivate your licence on the current version, then uninstall it and restart.  Then install 3.0.6 from here:

I would note that when I rebooted my system, I no longer am getting the error! Do you think I would still be wise to update to 3.0.6? Will my license still be good for 3.0.6?