Real-Time Protection Layers Still Turned Off

I bought a 1 year licence for Malwarebytes but I feel really let down, it is quite an expensive programme for just 1 year (UK money).

It is the absolute latest version.

The balloon just keeps opening (See image 2) despite me switching the real-time web protection on, it is actually turned off  (see image 1):  

Any suggestions or fixes? Or do we get a refund as the programme is not doing 100 percent of the job it is supposed to do?

Just getting tired of the flaming balloon opening all the time.

Malwarebytes 1.jpg

Malwarebytes 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the same problem, can't believe advice is to just keep pressing the turn on button!? This doesn't work, well after 18 attempts I gave up. Nearly a month since this was reported any solution on the horizon? This is a major part of the application it's a waste of time if the most fundamental part of the protection is disabled.

I have the same problem. Finally I decided to try uninstalling MB, but then the uninstaller just freezes. I now get a MB dialog box that says "unable to connect to service" after booting into windows and MB is not running but it is still installed. The MB folder is also still present. What a mess...