Scan are being cancelled.

I was experiencing a problem whereby I could see the scheduled  scan was being cancelled. Yesterday, I removed Malwarebytes using Revo Uninstaller. Downloaded and reinstalled Malwarebytes 3.0.5. Everything fine and scans worked. Today when I powered on, I find the problem is back. I can see a scan has run, but the dashboard is saying that the Updates are not current. As part of the scheduled scan, it should have installed the current updates. Since the scan is being cancelled, that obviously doesn't happen. I can manually update but the scans still cancel. See attached Dashboards_etc.  I am running Windows 10 Home, x64 Build 14393.576. I am also using BT Virus Protect which is a McAfee product.  I am attaching the Reports and the MBAM Service\logs.

Dashboards_etc.zip

logs.zip

Reports.zip

I also use the CCleaner program. Have just noticed that it is set by default to clean out Malwarebytes!! Will untick that and do a reinstall of Malwarebytes in case that is causing the problem. I usually run CCleaner after I finish with the PC for the day, so that could be my problem---although it doesn't seem to affect my McAfee which is also enabled..

CCleaner.zip

Hello @RTL434:

Thank you for the archive containers attached to your posts.

Additionally, attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the separate FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1.  The appropriate Farbar Recovery Scan Tool utility must be executed with "Run as administrator" privileges.

Soon after all the requested data is posted, the Malwarebytes' QA & Developer Teams, and staffers can commence their analysis.  Thank you always for your assistance.

Hello 1PW: Unfortunately I have already removed/reinstalled Malwarebytes so the "old logs" will have gone. I thought about running Farbar but after reading  the requirements for submitting a new post I thought you didn't want them anymore since we are now on 3.0.5. and the instructions were updated in December!  Anyway I'll know tomorrow if my problem is fixed or not as I will just follow my usual routine after this and run CCleaner, which now has Malwarebytes unticked. I checked my laptop and another desktop that I have. They seem to be working o.k. but looking at CCleaner on them, I can see they have different settings!!!  All 3 PC's are on 14393.576 and have BT Virus Protect. On the Laptop, Malwarebytes is there but is unticked. On the other desktop, Malwarebytes isn't even listed!   All 3 are on the same version, namely v5.25.5902 and get updated automatically so don't understand why they are different as I just let them update and don't touch any settings. See attached.CCleaner_Settings.zip   What I will do now, is leave this PC and see what happens tomorrow. In the meantime I will tick the box on the Laptop and see if the problem appears there and then run Farbar etc. on it.

@RTL434.

Just for info : I'm on the same Win 10 Build nr and (latest) CCleaner version as you and noticed that MB disappeared from the CCleaner options after upgrading from MBAM 2x to MB 3x.

This is normal as CCleaner still checks in the (old) location ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but the new location is ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService.

I guess you still have remaining folders and / or keys of MBAM 2.x left on your computers.

Hope this helps ...   ;)

Edited by throkr
typo

throkr,  Thanks for that info. On the Laptop the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder is there along with a Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit one. On this desktop there is only the Malwarebytes\MBAMService one.  I think tomorrow I will uninstall Malwarebytes on both and then run the cleanup routine. Then a fresh install and take it from there. Thanks again.

18 hours ago, RTL434 said:

..... On this desktop there is only the Malwarebytes\MBAMService one .....

That's correct with Malwarebytes 3x.

Concerning the option "Malwarebytes" in CCleaner, I always left it unchecked, simply because there's nothing to clean there (the user can clean the scan logs manually from time to time if wanted ...). 

2 hours ago, throkr said:

Concerning the option "Malwarebytes" in CCleaner

Hi, throkr,

Well everything was fine this morning on this desktop so don't know what's been happening. Uninstalled Malwarebytes and CCleaner still listed the Malwarebytes option.  Found a couple of entries in the Registry relating to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Anti-Malware. They're both referring to the old programs. Exported both in case I had to reinstate them. Then I deleted them and now CCleaner no longer shows the option.  It is sufficient to just remove the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware one but I removed the Anti-Exploit one as well. I found that the Anti-Exploit entry can only be deleted if MBAM 3 is not installed. It deleted o.k. on my Laptop because MBAM 3 had already been uninstalled at the time. Only found out when I came to do it on this desktop. On my other desktop, the Anti-Exploit entry is there but no Anti-Malware one and CCleaner does not show the option. 

CCLeaner_and_Registry_Entries.zip

For a clean uninstall of MBAM 2x, see the steps here.

An exploit protection is already included in MB 3x, so be sure that the previous standalone version of MBAE is correctly uninstalled too (see this post) .

These infos as a help before a member of the staff jumps in (I'm just a normal user as you are) ...   :)

14 hours ago, throkr said:

Several other threads are going on reporting this exact scan issue.

I see that thrkr . I will keep an eye on their progress. I have sent the files they asked for so will just sit back and await a fix. I can manually keep the updates current and the protection is active so there is no problem.