Why is Defender realtime turned off??

On out two Thinkpad Windows x64 Pro, running the latest MB 3, we now see that Defender realtime is turned off??  We see instructions that if we want it tuend on we hav to uninstall MB??

I attach a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Starting in Malwarebytes 3.0, the option to register Malwarebytes in the Action Center was added. Which means, Windows will recognize it as being an Antivirus program, and therefore, disable Windows Defender to let Malwarebytes handle the protection. Personally if you only use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes, I would still leave Windows Defender enabled for additional security (if you follow John's instructions above that is).

Thanks for that info.

One PC froze on rebooting.  For now, for the first time in many years, I uninstalled MB (requiring a reboot), ran ccleaner including registry cleaning, and rebooted.

I'll wait for the next MB 3 update.

1 minute ago, John A said:

Do you have mbamservice.exe added as a Process exclusion in Defender settings?

I used to, but I didn't this time when installing MB 3.  When I install the next version, I'll do that.

Thanks.

A clean uninstall + ccleaner, then install, seems to have cleared up this problem.

Edited by ingber