dont have password - cant access settings

Hi all, just a quick question (I am not computer savvy). I cannot locate my password for settings etc..from what I understand I must perform a 'clean install' but I have a couple of questions before hand.

I think my computer is already infected.

1.How would re-installing Malwarebytes onto an infected computer work (if I reinstalled Malwarebytes would the virus/s infect Malwarebytes?)

2.I wrote my product Identifier number down along with the License key but I cannot find the email from Malwarebytes from when I purchased the product. Would I have to click on a link in the original email to activate the product (I can't remember if that's what I had to do seeing I don't have their email notification anymore) or can I simply use my info that I wrote down?

Thank you in advance for any answers given.

Hello and Welcome!

You can in many instances install Malwarebytes on an infected computer, then use it to run a scan and remove the infections.

1. Re-installing MBAM on an infected computer should work find, depending on if the infection you have blocks the install.  If it installs fine then you should be fine, run a scan and then remove any infections it finds.

2. You can activate it with the ID and KEY that you have written down, it should work just fine.  The email that you got when you purchased it only contains your receipt/proof of purchase and the ID and KEY.  The email itself can not help you with activations. Below you will find how to contact cleverbridge (which manages the MBAM sales and keys), as well as a link to try and look up your ID and KEY using the email address you used to purchase.

You should contact cleverbridge.....

If you lost your ID and License Key then send an email to: cs@cleverbridge.com

cs@cleverbridge.com
Phone: +1-866-522-6855
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)
Also, you can use the Malwarebytes Help Center HERE.

When you get the email Print it out

Malwarebytes Tech support does not have any access to, or information pertaining to any sales\shipping\user account\registration issues.

You may also try and look up your product info by using your registered email address HERE or HERE

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to post.

Let's try this first.... (there is an uninstall that you can find on your computer, but the tool below should do the trick)

Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

• 2 weeks later...