0 threat quarantined

Wang

Hello Wang and welcome to Malwarebytes...

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Please download MBAM-clean and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on mbam-clean.exe icon and select user posted image Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • It will ask you to reboot the machine - please do so.
  • Run the cleaner tool again, re-boot when complete. <<<---do not miss this step

Download & install the newset MBAM version.

Please download user posted imageMalwarebytes Anti-Malware

• Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • In the same tab, under PUP and PUM detections make sure it is set to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

• Double click on Adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan in the Actions box
  • Please wait fot the scan to finish..
  • When "Waiting for action.Please uncheck elements you want to keep" shows in top line..
  • Click on the Cleaning box.
  • Next click OK on the "Closing Programs" pop up box.
  • Click OK on the Information box & again OK to allow the necessary reboot
  • After restart the AdwCleaner(C*)-Notepad log will appear, please copy/paste it in your next reply. Where * is the number relative to list of scans completed...

Next,

Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool and save it to your desktop.

If your security alerts to this scan either accept the alert or turn off your security to allow Sophos to run and complete.....

• Double click the icon and select Run
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish to launch the program
  • Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
  • If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
  • Copy and paste the results in your reply
  • Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
  • Click Exit to close the program
  • If no threats were found please confirm that result....

Let me see those logs in your next reply..

Thank you,

Kevin

Fixlist.txt

3rd scan quarantined 10 threats
4th scan quarantined 8 threats
5th scan quarantined 2 threats
6th scan quarantined 0 threats

the malware seems to be gone but some of the damages appear to be irreversible as I've tried to fix it multiple times to no avail
windows start button and cortana does not start
windows photos says error "remote procedure call failed" which could be fixed by reinstalling it using windows store
but windows store also does not start and couldn't be fixed as well
cant pin or unpin applications at the taskbar

seems like I need to do a system recovery to fix the remaining problems
before I do that I'll like to ask if system recovery will erase files in my other 3 hard drives
or would it delete everything all together

There is also the option to "Refresh" your system without losing files, unfortunately that option will not save programs/apps that were either not supplied with your version of Windows 10 or bought from the apps store....

Before trying a "Refresh" or complete recovery try the auto fixes relevant to your problem with the "Windows Club" tool "FixWin10" available at the following link:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fixwin-for-windows-10

From the Welcome screen use the "Creat Restore Point" to create a fresh restore point, then use "System File Checker Utility" to fix any possibly corrupt system files.

When SFC is complete re-boot and see if there is any improvement. If not select "Windows 10" from lefthand pane, then use the fix for the "Start Menu" when complete reboot and see if there is any improvement..

Thank you,

Kevin

both the system file checker utility and start menu fixes doesn't work
tried to windows store fix but that also didn't work

as for the "Refresh" I assume files means pictures, documents, music, and videos
so even If my programs were installed in another hard drive, a refresh would delete those as well?

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!