Can anyone help me PLEASE

• Root Admin

Hello @barelyberlee and :welcome:

You should be able to tap the F8 key and go into the Recovery Environment. Then from there start a command prompt and see if you can run the following to disable the auto repair.

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No
bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

Those need to be typed in exactly as shown.

Then afterwards you should be able to restart and try to go into Normal Mode now. But if Windows is really broken you may not be able to get it to run.

Let us know.

Thanks

3 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @barelyberlee and :welcome:

You should be able to tap the F8 key and go into the Recovery Environment. Then from there start a command prompt and see if you can run the following to disable the auto repair.

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No
bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

Those need to be typed in exactly as shown.

Then afterwards you should be able to restart and try to go into Normal Mode now. But if Windows is really broken you may not be able to get it to run.

Let us know.

Thanks

Thank you so much for helping me. Said completed successfully, on both but keeps telling me, windows ran into an error and needs to restart go to windows.com/stopcode bad system config and restarts. If I didn't have so many of my children's pictures on it, I'd take a sledge hammer to it

• Root Admin

Just need to relax and don't do anything drastic. I hear you about all the pictures and why I tell everyone that 

Backup Software

is mandatory now days unless you want to wake up some day and lose all your data for one reason or another.

What version of Windows are you running? Will it start in Safe Mode if you press the F8 key during boot up?

11 hours ago, barelyberlee said:

Thank you so much for helping me. Said completed successfully, on both but keeps telling me, windows ran into an error and needs to restart go to windows.com/stopcode bad system config and restarts. If I didn't have so many of my children's pictures on it, I'd take a sledge hammer to it

F8 doesn't work, I was able to get into the command prompt via the file/picture attached and type in the what you said & now it is constantly restarting. Doesn't even allow me to the screen in the picture.

20160930_110636.jpg

10 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Just need to relax and don't do anything drastic. I hear you about all the pictures and why I tell everyone that 

Backup Software

is mandatory now days unless you want to wake up some day and lose all your data for one reason or another.

What version of Windows are you running? Will it start in Safe Mode if you press the F8 key during boot up?

Sorry for previous post, thought you asked me to do the command prompt again. The only thing I care about is my children's pictures. I have 3 hard drives that I need to get pictures/videos on a USB and been putting it off, this has shown me I need to do it ASAP. They're computer is on windows 10. I greatly appreciate you trying to help me, if it helps I'm on skype to show you their computer, can call. I REALLY appreciate the help

• Root Admin

Okay, First off, don't jump the gun. Take your time and read each of the following articles first before doing anything. Then decide on which option is best for you.

The main goal here is not necessarily to fix Windows (at least not yet) the main goal is to be able to get into Windows well enough to be able to plug in an external USB hard drive and be able to copy off all of your images, videos, and documents, etc. Once those are safely copied to an External USB drive, then you can look at other options to possibly fix the computer.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-restore-11364008291943

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

http://www.howtogeek.com/220986/how-to-use-all-of-windows-10’s-backup-and-recovery-tools/

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

After you've read those articles and digested them some if you still have questions please let me know and I'll help guide you.