I have an annoying malware message all the time but MWB finds nothing

Hello,

I am new to the forums and thank you for taking the time to help.

I have a 3 PC's all running windows 10 all with malwarebytes Home Premium, that this has effected.  About 3-4 weeks ago I started getting a malwarebytes has blocked a malicious site warning.  I am attaching a screen shot of the exact warning.  It refers to a resources.crossrider.com.

It pops up about every 3 seconds continuously.  I have run scans over and over and MWB finds nothing.  Then all of a sudden, on my big machine (desktop), it found like 40 PUP items labels resources.crossrider.com and other crossrider.com variations and it has seemed to clear it up just on the one machine.  The others still scan with nothing found.  

It seems to me that it spread through chrome because I am generally careful on what I download program wise and is nothing that has been downloaded on all three machines. 

Any ideas on what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 
D

Desktop screenshot of warning.png

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked. option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.

• The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach report into your next reply.

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

fixlist.txt

Yes and no.  It happens even when I don't open Chrome (just sitting on desktop)... but Chrome is running so many processes in the background that it still could be in relation to Chrome.  The execution string URL in the warning says it is executing from Chrome. So I don't really know the answer to that.   I do not see the warning triggered when I browse in Firefox.  Thanks.

Capture.PNG

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.

• Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked. option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.

• The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please attach report into your next reply.

FRST.gif Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

fixlist.txt

Thank you for all your help.  I disabled all extensions and the error has gone away... so you were right.  Strange thing is... I have had all those extensions for over a year and never seen the message before.  I suppose one of them must have updated their code and added it in.  

Thank you.