Popup Attack Alert But No Attack Found

GlenEBush

I just got a blocked ransomware attack which said it was an “explorer.exe”. The popup said it had been quarantined but when I opened Anti-ransomware there was nothing in the quarantine. So not sure how to report this as it doesn’t fit into any guidelines I found.

I was connected to the Internet but was not online at the time. In fact, I was just finishing up with a full backup. So don’t know if this means anything to you but wanted to report. Look forward to the finished product so I can purchase to go with my regular Malwarebytes Anti-malware subscription.

I have anti-ransomware version 0.9.15.416

PS: I have Norton Security also.

I'm sorry but you misconstrue the purpose of this sub-forum.

This sub-forum is provided such that the public can supply samples of malware, in the form of disk files, that Malwarebytes targets but presently fails to detect.

References:
Malware hunters please read
Purpose of this forum
Malware Hunters group

Assistance with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) application on Windows is performed in;  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help

Malwarebytes' Anti-Ransomware ( MBARW ) is in Beta and is not a production application.  Discussions and reporting for MBARW is performed in;  Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

I will request a moderator move your post there.

Hello GlenEBush and :welcome:

Please consider ticking the "Follow" button near the upper-right corner of this topic to receive timely notifications when your topic has been updated.

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following 2, separate, .zip archive files for MBARW developer team analysis:

1. Create a .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware\
2. Create a separate .zip archive file (not .7z or .rar) of the directory C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\

Please attach the 2 .zip archives to your next reply.  Thank you for your beta testing contribution to the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (MBARW Beta) project and your valued feedback.

Edited by 1PW