Pretty sure im infected.

The issue was present before Sophos was installed... probably worth uninstalling any software that was installed just prior to the problem happening, Take Sophos out first:

Use the following UNinstaller tool...

Download GeekUninstaller from here: http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download (Choose free version) Save Geek.zip to your Desktop. (Visit the Home page at that link for necessary information)

Extract Geek Uninstaller and save to your Desktop. There is no need to install, the executable is portable and can also be run from a USB if required.

Run the tool, the main GUI will populate with installed programs list,

Left click on Program name to highlight that entry.

Select Action from the Menu bar, then Uninstall from there follow the prompts.

If Uninstall fails open the "Action" menu one more time and use "Force Removal" option

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Yes I understand there is still an issue with your connection, therein lies the problem; we are not finding a definite cause... Is it possible someone else is hooking up with your router...

I believe a firmware update is the next step to try with your router, is that an option you will take on... once the update is done attribute a new password, see if that helps..

Basic instructions at this link: http://www.wikihow.com/Update-Router-Firmware

ive done that so many times, but i will humor you and do it for the eighth time. my router is not the issue. my router holds a 1gbps connection if the net provider is able to supply the package that accommodates the speed of my router and its been updated and scanned and cleaned and reset so many times im gettin sick of putting my isp info in to be truthful.and my isp has a decent speed for me,. its a matter of something chewing my bandwidth wether it be malicious.update.services. or w.e/ something is just hogging up all my damn bandwidth. and as ive sated before i keep doing things over and over and getting the same result ,NOTHING .insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result/outcome........this sir is insanity. im not a fan of rinse and repeat it does nothing if the first three times were inconclusive. this is becomming very stressful i cant work or game or anything late at night i actually have to just cal lit quits and this is cutting into my life drastically. and causing me so many issues 

before i even came to this site and posted int his thread i had done a good 67% of what u told me to do. i had most of the programs u told me to get as i do tech work myself....this is very vexing,as im not a professional and am only slightly educated in partial areas of computing and coding and programming. most of it is very basic scanning and diagnostics and it always comes back with nothing. and i know for a fact my rig can handle what i throw at it its not a hardware issue as im seeing nothing to state so.. 

I find nothing of note on your PC to give cause to your problem, also your router has had a firmware update and change of security password/login info... i did not realize you only have a cable connection to the router, my mistake...

Your router may still have wireless potential, if so it will broadcast its presence to any system that is in reach. Please do not believe that anything you try will humor me, that does not happen.... I am not here for that reason.

I do understand your frustration, but as it stands I cannot give you a reason for the bandwidth destruction that happens at a specific time... I have nothing left to try... We do not find any malware/infection so maybe you should open a thread at General PC Help section.....

Thank you,

Kevin.

i do not think you are here for comical reasons. and i apreciate the help thus far. when i say ill humor u it means ill do as said even though ive done so previously .this was not meant as an personal or indirect attack. my apologies .ill take a look into blleping comps or techguy or tomshardware. thanks.