Outlook blocking with MBAM

Exactly the same problem here. Disabling Malwarebytes Malicious Website Protection or Exiting allows access to GoDaddy email again via O365, install of Outlook 2013, with Avast for Business with Mail Security module and SSL scanning enabled.

Exemptions in Malwarebytes do not work using Domain and IP Web Exclusions.

This is occurring on a Desktop computer (Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 8.1), but a Laptop with a similar configuration is not experiencing the same issue (Windows 10, upgraded from Windows 7).

On a similar note: The same Laptop and another Desktop (which doesn't do email) experience a similar issue with Malicious Website Protection blocking mlb.com and nba.com, with exemptions having no effect whatsoever to help with Malwarebytes blocking connections to the external sites.

Let me know if there's any further information I can provide or anything I can do to help with the resolution of this.

Edited by V_S

Greetings,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the software.  There are a few things we can try and hopefully we'll get the issue resolved so that you can use Malicious Website Protection without having it constantly blocking connections to certain servers you need to access via Outlook.

First off, there are a few known issues that can occur when using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on a system which has been upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous Windows version and it is possible that this is the case here.  If you haven't already, please perform a clean installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and then attempt to add the Domain and IP address exclusions in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (be sure to make a note of them from the Settings>Web Exclusions page of the UI before removing your existing copy of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware if you don't have them noted somewhere else).

To perform a clean installation, please follow the instructions in this post for Method 1 listed on that page, making certain you have your license activation info handy as you'll need it in order to turn on the Premium features again once reinstallation is completed.

Once that's done and you've got the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium (currently version 2.2.1.1043) up and running again, launch the UI and add in the Domain and/or IP exclusions (whichever you're prefer, or both) and then see if Outlook is able to connect to the domains in question.

Please post back to let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the reply exile360, and the information.

Since my original post was split off from the other topic that I was following and put in a new topic (which I wasn't following), I wasn't notified of your reply and just now had a chance to check back and test the clean installation on one of the affected computers.

So far, it seemed to have worked on the desktop, previously Win8.1, even without adding specific exclusions for the GoDaddy servers.

I'll give it some time to test it out to see if I need to add any exclusions, as well as see if I can do further testing on some of the other issues I previously experienced with Malicious Website Protection blocking specific sites (which started prior to the upgrades to Win10 when the systems were still Win7 and Win8.1).

If all goes well, I'll then test it on the Laptop, previously Win7.

You're welcome.  Apologies, when I split the topic I didn't realize it would cause the forum software not to transfer the follow topic setting.  In my opinion that's a bug so I'll check with our forum software provider to see if we can change/fix that.

I'm glad that it helped.  Hopefully it resolves it as well as the other issues once and for all for you.  Please keep us updated on how things go and of course let us know if you need any further assistance with this or any other issues.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, and I haven't been notified the issue has returned, I figured I would post a follow up.

Everything seemed to work on the Desktop, so I did the same on the Laptop a week or so after. As far as I've been made aware, the issue with the GoDaddy email servers hasn't returned. I remoted in, checked send/receive, and didn't get any errors, so looks like we're still good to go.

One thing to note, installed were old versions of Malwarebytes that have been upgraded for years, so that possibly contributed to the issue. In case anyone else encounters the same problem, the clean install did seem to take care of it here.

Thanks again.