Outlook blocking issues with MBAM

Hi - I don't get it.  After working for weeks with high level Microsoft and Dell engineers it became 100 percent clear that this is a MB issue.  Moreover, I had spoken with someone at MB and they (at the start of my exploration) had reported 'no known issues'.  I call BS - but that is less important than the following.  I do not want to delete and stop using MB (I love the program its functionality, etc. - and we have paid to be a premium user).  At the same time the only response I have been able to get from MB is - essentially "yes we know - we are working on it:".  Can someone please provide a realistic time-frame and update on the actual steps being taken to solve the problem.  I have to continually (three or more times a day) have to disable MB and then re-enable - its a pain and more importantly - during the period where I don't notice that Outlook is 'down' I loose time sensitive email!  Help please.  What about quality customer service?

• Root Admin

Hello @DavidPhillips

Customer service and product research and development are not the same. We are aware that it is our program preventing it and have not said it was some other program, but the exact cause and reason is not known yet. Yes, it's very possible that early on the person or helper helping you was not aware of any issue as the reported numbers are very low.

We have been able to duplicate it in house one time but since then we have not been able to duplicate it. We are aware of less than a dozen users with this issue out of millions of users which makes it very difficult to track down what is actually causing it. We do understand it is an issue though for at least a handful of users and we know that as a workaround one can disable the Web blocker and that stops the blocking of Outlook. Most other antivirus products have a similar feature so if using one of those antivirus products you could have that one enabled giving you a very similar mechanism until we are able to track down and fix this issue. It would greatly help if one of the users with this issue were also very experienced with computing to run tracking and debugging tools but of the users with this issue so far most are regular computer users that don't know how to run those tools. I wish that I had a better answer for you, and I'm will to help look into it with you further if you like but again without a more advanced understanding of using tracking and debugging tools it would be difficult to go beyond basic checking which so far has not found anything for any of the users with this issue.

Thank you

Ron

Please feel free to contact me offline - I would be happy to volunteer some time to run the specific debugging software that you want.  But to ensure it is done correctly I believe that would require a conversation (email is sometimes simply to cumbersome).  I assume you have my regular email address through the system - if not, please provide me a way to contact you that does not require me to post it in a forum.  Take care.