How do I change the location of pop-ups

I have a dual screen setup and find it very intrusive, obstructive and annoying when I get malware popup notifications on the bottom right of the main monitor.

Can someone tell me how to change the location from the bottom right to top right/left or to the 2nd monitor please as I cannot find information or details in the settings on how to do this.

Hello and :welcome:, @Peskie:

We may need to wait for someone with a dual-monitor setup or a staff member to weigh in, but I don't think it's possible to move the popups from the system tray (notification area).

Having said that, the only time MBAM creates those notifications is when it is doing its job. 
Normally, on an uninfected system, such "malware popup notifications" would be very rare.
On the other hand, IP block notifications when using Skype or P2P software would be "normal" behavior.

There are many different notifications -- for IP blocks, for malware detection, for PUP/PUM detection, for outdated databases, etc.
If you are seeing a lot of popups, then it suggests that you might be infected or that you have many PUPs/PUMs for which MBAM's settings are not properly configured.

In order to better assist you, it would help if we knew the EXACT message(s) you are seeing:

1. If possible, please post either a screenshot of the popup, and/or tell us which one(s) from the list here.
  2. AND It would also help if you could please attach to your next reply here in this thread all 3 logs from the pinned topic here: Diagnostic Logs
    1. The 3 logs are FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt.

Thank you,

I'm aware of the cause and accept the pop-ups occurring (Malicious website blocked) which happens when using software albeit infrequently.

However,  regardless of single, dual or multi-monitor setup the bottom right corner/systray area is for me annoying and disruptive. To have functionality to configure where the pop-ups appear on the monitor screen (top left/right, bottom left/right etc) would make things so much better!

Hi:

Thanks for the update.

If you're seeing lots of IP blocks, then MBAM is probably doing its job to help protect you from malicious websites/IPs.
These 2 articles explain the behavior when using Skype and P2P software, as well as suggested ways to safely control/manage the notifications, if desired.

Unfortunately, I do not think there is currently a way to relocate those notifications to a different part of the display - they are generated from the MBAM system tray icon.
But a Malwarebytes staff member will correct me if I am wrong about that.

Otherwise, it would help us to better assist you if you would please post a bit more system information in the form of the previously requested Diagnostic Logs, and/or an MBAM PROTECTION log (as a *.txt file) that shows the blocks (instructions for locating/exporting logs are HERE).  Please attach all 4 logs to your next reply in this thread.

Thanks again,

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2016 at 6:53 AM, daledoc1 said:

Unfortunately, I do not think there is currently a way to relocate those notifications to a different part of the display - they are generated from the MBAM system tray icon.

This is correct.  The notifications are generated and displayed in whatever area the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware notification area (tray) icon is located.  They can be relocated, but only by changing where the Windows taskbar appears onscreen.  You may unlock the taskbar and move it to a different area of your desktop if you choose, and the notifications will follow.  For example, I just tested this myself by unlocking my taskbar and dragging it to the top of the screen/desktop.  Once there, I generated a notification from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it did indeed appear in the upper right-hand corner of my screen where the notification area/tray had been moved instead of on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

From a usability point of view, the reason the notifications cannot be relocated is because they are generated by and associated with our tray icon so having them show up somewhere other than where the icon is located wouldn't make much sense and might actually be a bit confusing for some users.  At least that's my opinion on the matter.