Outlook 2016

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with outlook 2016 disconnecting from exchange server. If I un-check malicious website protection in malwarebytes it connects back up. I can then re-enable malicious website protection. The timing for this seems random. Any ideas what is causing this?

Hello and :welcome:, @Chris635:

We'll need to wait for @AdvancedSetup or someone else with some networking expertise to weigh in.  Perhaps it's some sort of proxy issue?

Also: is this a work/business computer, by any chance?

In order to better assist you, it would help to have a bit of basic system information.
To that end, please follow the steps in this pinned topic and attach all 3 diagnostic logs to your next reply in this thread: Diagnostic Logs
The 3 logs are FRST. txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt

Thank you,

I am on Windows 10 64 bit, Home System. I have Office 2016 Professional Plus 2016 installed. I kept having the intermittent problem with disconnections from exchange server. Like I said, the timing for this was extremely random. I have two other email services linked to outlook (both Gmail), they worked fine. I couldn't figure it out. So I Uninstalled office 2016 and installed office 2010...same thing happened. So I reinstalled office 2016, researched the problem on line, and found several people complaining about this and ran across a post about disabling malicious website blocking in malwarebytes..and that did the trick every time. It hasn't occurred now for about 24 hours or so.

Thanks for the help in figuring this out.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

Not really seeing anything in the logs that would trigger a block. Can you please go to History of MBAM and copy/paste the protection log from when this block is going on.

The same for MBAE if you could post it's log to please.

The logs do seem to indicate that your System Restore is off. Please double check on that and make sure you can create System Restore Points or not and let me know.

Thanks

• Root Admin

What program are you using for imaging? Have you tested it doing restores to verify it works?

Please check on your  Norton antivirus and see if you can disable their web blocking mechanism. It might be that it's conflicting with ours?

Let me know what you find please.

Ron

6 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

What program are you using for imaging? Have you tested it doing restores to verify it works?

Please check on your  Norton antivirus and see if you can disable their web blocking mechanism. It might be that it's conflicting with ours?

Let me know what you find please.

Ron

Yes...uuhhmm I've had to test it several times!!!LOL! I use macrium reflect. Also I just put norton back up here (for testing). I was using windows defender. Same thing happened. I have also checked this against thunderbird..no problems at all, my hotmail and both gmail accounts work fine through it. I started having this problem in janaury. I have done several re installs of windows 10 since then, with the same results.

• Root Admin

I'll check with QA and see. I know they said they were having trouble reproducing this but think they were finally able to. Not sure there is any fix or resolution though aside from turning off the blocker. I'll post back once I hear back from them. That won't be till sometime on Monday. Please ping me on Monday if I've not replied back.

Thank you

18 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I'll check with QA and see. I know they said they were having trouble reproducing this but think they were finally able to. Not sure there is any fix or resolution though aside from turning off the blocker. I'll post back once I hear back from them. That won't be till sometime on Monday. Please ping me on Monday if I've not replied back.

Thank you

Okay..in the meantime I have turned off malwarebytes from running in real time running.

On 5/14/2016 at 1:06 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you

Have you heard from QA today?

• Root Admin

Interesting. Let's have a bit more of a look at your networking stack.

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I tried googles dns for several days...no problem. Back to opendns...no problems. Updated office 2016, 24 hrs later problem started again, disabled malicious website protection..outlook started working. Restarted my system and now for 24 hours straight no problems. I don't know, this is just incredibly random. I think this will be hard to lock down, without any consistency.