Fake??

keysdc2000

I received this email. Is it from Malwarebytes?? I think not,just checking.

Dear , 

Adobe issued an emergency update to its Adobe Flash Player software today after researchers discovered a vulnerability that was being exploited to deliver ransomware. Flash has over one billion users, so odds are you are affected by this update. 

But Malwarebytes proactively protected its millions of customers from this attack, blocking the ransomware before it could encrypt files. 

As a precaution, we suggest you update your Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave Flash Plugin). In addition, we urge you to consider installing both Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium for the layered protection that stops attacks like this from infecting your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium blocks the exploit attempt, while Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium stops the ransomware execution (if Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium is not installed). 

We'd hate to see your computer compromised. Here at Malwarebytes, we pledge to keep you protected and informed about the latest issues. Your peace of mind is our number one priority. 

Sincerely, 
The Malwarebytes Team 

P.S. Learn more about this threat here.

Maurice, Tks for this.

I don't act upon any emails that may allow intrusion.  For example, I trash emails from my bank because it only contacts via internal website messages. Emials can be made to look authentic.

Anyways, I opened my Malwarebytes asking for updates but there were none

This is a plain message.   One of the underlying tips there, is to insure that you (if you have Adobe Flash) that you insure to get the latest update from Adobe.

On April 7 ( just a day or two ago) a critical security update was announced by Adobe.
See the writeup at Security Garden blog

Adobe has released Version 21.0.0.213 of Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh due to reports that CVE-2016-1019 is being actively exploited on systems running Windows 10 and earlier.

It is strongly advised that Flash Player be updated as soon as possible.

There is some other information in the email too.  But none of it was about a update to M B A M itself.

Though keeping all your applications all up to date with security patches is a great idea, always.

Check on other update issues as well, by getting, installing and using Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) on a regular basis.
See How to detect vulnerable and out-dated programs using Secunia Personal Software Inspector
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial174.html

One must always apply "Critical Thought"

Ask yourself... " How does this email allow intrusion."

Look at the URLs.  Are they going to a Malwarebytes owned Domain ?

Look at the email.  Does it ask for personal information.

Look at the emails content. What is its message.

Always ask questions about the object and associated "What if..." queries.  Based upon the questions you now have new ones concerning verification, corroboration, intent, etc.

For the benefit of other readers:

If you look at the header ( properties if in a email client program like Outlook) you will see this shown in the internet Header
Received: from mta.cbsmc.malwarebytes.org

You see that it is from the domain malwarebytes.org

You can also see the icon for Malwarebytes

logo-email.jpg