wired problem with jrt

having a problem with Jrt since version 8 come out! :( Jrt keep damaged something on my laptop after scanning is done ! so after scanning i lose the sounds levels and I get a unclear and weak sound on my laptop speaker and even on my headphone I get the same which I thought it’s got damage somehow ! :huh: and it keeps detected the same Content everytime I run this tool ? and that’s make my to reinstall the sound driver every time using my driver software !

Edited by mrdodrop

I realize having to reinstall the sound driver every time would be annoying so an alternative would be to provide me the model number of your laptop so I gather more information about its drivers.

If you know which driver file is being deleted, providing that to me could also work, but as Aura said, a log would be most helpful.

I realize having to reinstall the sound driver every time would be annoying so an alternative would be to provide me the model number of your laptop so I gather more information about its drivers.

If you know which driver file is being deleted, providing that to me could also work, but as Aura said, a log would be most helpful.

very true ! lol it’s so annoying ! and here’s some of my laptop info with a JRT log file for you ! :rolleyes:

my laptop model is blow !

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate  Service Pack 1 (X86)

Model: Aspire 4738 Manufacturer: Acer

if you need more info let my know .... :cool:

JRT.txt

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary there. Thinking this is application related as JRT terminates most processes. Do you know if you are running some type of software that gives you an option of increasing the volume through it?

Mind providing a couple of logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool?

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Do you typically use the FXSound program? Is this the program you have running when you are running JRT?

you can say that ( I used from time to time) , this is almost a new installation of windows "so on this new system I have not install the FXsound software"  and I don’t know but do I need to install it and make a test for you ? and you may want to check this software which I suspected ! http://www.drivethelife.com/

Let's get back to your original issue regarding the sound being lessened by JRT. Have you used JRT since you reformatted? I'm trying to get an idea of what applications you are running prior to running JRT. Your log didn't show JRT removing any sound drivers, and I don't suspect any conflicts with any of the software you've mentioned aside from the fact that JRT will try to close each one during its scan.

Let's get back to your original issue regarding the sound being lessened by JRT. Have you used JRT since you reformatted?

yes ! when I have to reformatted my laptop then I had to install all of my others software’s on the new windows system and some of them come bundle with adware crap and junk which I had to running your JRT tool/adwcleaner and many tool to check for any adware/junk and my version of JRT it was version 7 before it asked my there was an updated version of JRT ! and I close it right away and I have to downloaded of a new one (version 8.0.0 I goes) and there is no such issue with JRT ver 7

Edited by mrdodrop

I'm trying to get an idea of what applications you are running prior to running JRT. Your log didn't show JRT removing any sound drivers, and I don't suspect any conflicts with any of the software you've mentioned aside from the fact that JRT will try to close each one during its scan.

I will send you my startup program list info’s here with hijakedthis !

hijackthis.log

Hello again,

I've installed the FXSound software but JRT isn't deleting any portion the program. My guess is the FXSound program you previously used be conflicting with your Realtek audio driver as it did for me (FXSound installs its own drivers). I let a Youtube video play in the background and noticed that the sound was increased once I closed FXSound. When I relaunched FXSound, the YouTube video crashed in the browser and I'd have to reload the page to get it to play again. I'm only using the trial version of it though so I'm unable to increase volume levels or do any of the "Plus" features such as minimize the program to system tray.  :ph34r:

I have not install the FXsound software"  and I don’t know but do I need to install it and make a test for you ? 

I would try JRT 8.0.3 without this program installed and see if there are still issues but I don't not think the sound issue is related to JRT.

Your HiJackThis! log looks fine by the way.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2016 at 1:19 PM, thisisu said:

Hello again,

I've installed the FXSound software but JRT isn't deleting any portion the program. My guess is the FXSound program you previously used be conflicting with your Realtek audio driver as it did for me (FXSound installs its own drivers). I let a Youtube video play in the background and noticed that the sound was increased once I closed FXSound. When I relaunched FXSound, the YouTube video crashed in the browser and I'd have to reload the page to get it to play again. I'm only using the trial version of it though so I'm unable to increase volume levels or do any of the "Plus" features such as minimize the program to system tray.  :ph34r:

I would try JRT 8.0.3 without this program installed and see if there are still issues but I don't not think the sound issue is related to JRT.

Your HiJackThis! log looks fine by the way.

thank you for your feedback reply ! so here what’s I have done ! I have dig a little bit on my system without FXSound installed and I still gotta the same problem as before and still got the same with now version of your JRT tool ! 

In the previous time ! It is bad luck to let you know that not just your JRT tool is causing my issue but now even combofix is being flagged a something I think it's related to a Driver or a program if I am not wrong right here !

Edit :combofix just flag my new antivirus files ! which cause Corruption ^_^

Thanks for the follow up. Let's just consider this an anomaly with your system for now because I haven't heard any other reports of this and your JRT log isn't showing that it is deleting any sound drivers. Only thing I can suggest is to reinstall your RealTek audio drivers from the manufacture website. I don't recommend using any driver programs such as Driver Talent which I found in your logs because sometimes they recommend a non-compatible driver for your system which can create bigger problems.

I'm not sure which brand computer you have, and I didn't see any hints in your logs of this otherwise I'd give you direct link. You can just Google "support <computer brand name>

...and find their drivers page.

Hope this helps. If have trouble with this but know your computer's brand name (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc..) and model number, let me know and I'll give you the link to the audio driver you should install.

EDIT: Found your other topic. Is your laptop model Acer Aspire 4738?

If it is, use this driver: RealTek Audio Driver for Aspire 4738

On 3/29/2016 at 10:15 PM, thisisu said:

Thanks for the follow up. Let's just consider this an anomaly with your system for now because I haven't heard any other reports of this and your JRT log isn't showing that it is deleting any sound drivers. Only thing I can suggest is to reinstall your RealTek audio drivers from the manufacture website. I don't recommend using any driver programs such as Driver Talent which I found in your logs because sometimes they recommend a non-compatible driver for your system which can create bigger problems.

I'm not sure which brand computer you have, and I didn't see any hints in your logs of this otherwise I'd give you direct link. You can just Google "support <computer brand name>

...and find their drivers page.

Hope this helps. If have trouble with this but know your computer's brand name (Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc..) and model number, let me know and I'll give you the link to the audio driver you should install.

EDIT: Found your other topic. Is your laptop model Acer Aspire 4738?

If it is, use this driver: RealTek Audio Driver for Aspire 4738

thanks for your reply ! yes my laptop model is Acer Aspire 4738 and here a combofix log you may help you to figure this out ! (combofix is also causing this)

ComboFix4.txt

Edited by mrdodrop