Unable to Load Anti-Rootkit Driver Errors When I Log into Admin Mode

Good evening,

When I tried to log into my computer (Windows 7 Home Professional, 64-bit) in admin mode this evening, the logging in took forever. Finally, MalwareBytes gave me some kind of error about SDKCreate with error code 20023. It said it couldn't load the anti-rootkit drivers, that the problem might be a sign of rootkit activity, and that I should reboot.

After I rebooted, I tried to log into the admin account again. This time, the admin desktop wouldn't load at all. MalwareBytes displayed error code 20025, and asked if I wanted to proceed without the rootkit drivers. After I clicked Yes, it began a scan, although I'm not sure why. Once I closed out of the scan window, I was faced with a black screen - the desktop didn't load. I had to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to log out of the admin account.

I can log into my restricted user account without problems. MalwareBytes seems to be running normally. A complete system scan run from the user account found no problems on Nov 7. 

I have a lifetime MalwareBytes premium license.

Thank you,

S.C.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Let's try this first....

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox