Unwanted audio ad

thais

I use IE11 for 95% of my internet browsing and have no problem with it.  Today I used Chrome and about 1 minute after connecting,  started hearing an audio ad by Verizon promising $300 to "come back to Verizon"  .  It repeated 3 times and then I disconnected - don't know if it would have continued to play forever if I stayed on it or not.  Anybody know what is happening, how to get rid of it?  I ran MBAM Premium and it didn't find anything.

Any solutions or advice welcome.

..........Thais

Hello thais:

If the audio ads are persistent and can be predictably recreated while browsing to other sites, this indicates the computer is probably infected and malware removal actions are not permitted in this sub-forum.

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and have one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

If you would like to get off to a very fast start, the Malware Removal Experts would appreciate it if you would also Copy and Paste (not attach) both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1 into your new topic. Please do not tick, nor untick, any pre-configured FRST categories.

Only after final resolution of the above, you may wish to consider the use of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) for increased protection.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. 

To clarify, the ads DID appear on all of the websites I visited while using Chrome, but did not appear on ANY sites using Internet Explorer.

After posting my query here, I thought to run CCleaner and after doing so, the Verizon audio ad (or any audio ad) has not reappeared.  I am thinking perhaps CCleaner cleaned out some nefarious thing in my Chrome browser.  But I don't know why MBAM did not catch it.

Anyway, if it does return, I will post in Malware Removal Help, as you recommended

.............Thais