MalWarebytes was working fine;  recently  updated NOW it says FREE version and will not accept KEY to start working as it should.  Advise please.    read all 'threads'?    still do not know what to do.   Purchased years ago and have been well satisfied until now.     Advise please

Hello and :welcome: :

A valid, legitimate, lifetime consumer license ought to be automatically accepted by the new licensing system.

A few such users have reported a "hiccup" where the program "reverts" to Free immediately after the 2.1.8 upgrade.

This is generally resolved by activating again with the existing license ID/Key.

Without knowing what sort of error message you are seeing, it's hard to know for sure what's happening.

If rebooting the system and attempting to activate with your license ID and Key don't resolve the issue, routine troubleshooting starts here:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Rebooted,  still said it did not recognize KEY which I copied.   Then keyboard and mouse locked up....changed batteries and still no action....did hard reboot.   entered [copy] KEY, no good;  decided to enter ID anyhow and YIKES and WOWEE!    all seems to be working.  updated and IT is telling me I am fully protected .    THANKS

Hi:

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. :)

Yes, for the "old" licenses with the ID and Key, one needs to enter BOTH the Key AND the ID before clicking the "Activate" link.

IOW, the Key alone is not sufficient to activate the "old" licenses.

(Only the "new", replacement licenses use a Key only, with no ID.)

Having said that, if you are having issues with the system hanging/freezing, needing to do hard resets and to switch batteries, that suggests that there may be other problems with the system (unrelated to MBAM license activation).

If you wish, please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt).

The logs may point to something for which we can refer you to a different area of the forum for further help.

Thank you again,

post-29793-0-17287800-1436130266_thumb.p