Cannot delete detected items in quarantine

We are just starting to install MWB for business to our 300 computers. I have about 100 done and on a few of them I can't seem to delete detected items in the quarantine. I have tried using the "delete all" and also highlighting one at a time and choosing the "delete" but nothing happens. They don't go away nor do I get any kind of message. Is there something that I can do to remove these items? 

Thanks,

Marcia

I haven't been able to boot the computers since I am not at the locations and am working on them remotely. But I did notice when I look at the items (all PUPs)  in quarantine, there are no check boxes to check to then delete the items. I don't see the ability to attach a screenshot.

The reason I want to remove the items is so when I look at our Management Console there are no computers with "threat detected". 

On the Management Console, do they show these PUPs in the Security logs at all?  And if so what is the action?

Also, to attach a screenshot here click on "More reply options."

Yes on the Management Console the do show int the Security log and by action do you mean operation? If so then the operation is Quarantined. Here is the screen shot of the quarantine on one of the clients. There are no boxes to check to delete all.

post-189027-0-82228700-1435871824_thumb.

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot and clarification.

To delete the items from quarantine, you will have to do so from C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Quarantine.  Deleting the files there will remove them from the machine.

When a file is quarantined it is no longer a threat, so it is OK to leave them there.  However if you still wish to delete them, you can do so from the folder above.

Please let me know if this helps.

Hi,

I just tested this on a test machine and clicking on "Delete All" does seem to delete the files listed.  Have either of you tried this yet?

Yes, I have tried it. But when I click delete all nothing happens. No no message and the items do not do away. I will try the other suggestion and let you know.

Marcia

Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot and clarification.

To delete the items from quarantine, you will have to do so from C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Quarantine.  Deleting the files there will remove them from the machine.

When a file is quarantined it is no longer a threat, so it is OK to leave them there.  However if you still wish to delete them, you can do so from the folder above.

Please let me know if this helps.

I just did this and it worked. Thanks for the help. I hope that soon we will be able to manage items in quarantine from the console or that the delete all function will work on all the computers properly. 

Marcia

I will pass this thread on to the Product Manager for Management Console.  I believe he's already aware of it, but this may help elevate its priority.

Thank you for passing this along. This feature would make the console much more useful. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...