ESEA Anti-cheat safe?

Kyle124

Hey there, some updates made to ESEA CSGO Anti-cheat making it always running on your computer, it can read + analyse data and memory on your pc and send it to ESEA servers. 

ESEA is ''trusted'' and the worlds best anti-cheating system for PC. 

But my question is this, in 2013 a ''rogue employe'' injected malware into the anticheat that made it mine bitcoins and destroy a lot of ppls computers and this was when they made it running fulltime and they then changed it to only running when playing CSGO ESEA. They did get sued for a million dollars tho and had to pay that :P

Now they are gonna make it running fulltime on your PC and like the question is should I trust them? I play CSGO competively and I do it on ESEA because I dont like cheaters.

And will MBAM detect any ''behaviour'' which is malicious if that occurs?

They literally have 100% full acess to your computer with their anti-cheat its not like usual ones, so yeh its a bit scary! Thats the price you pay to play without cheaters.

Also one last question, did MBAM detect it back in 2013 when a rogue employe added malware bitcoin miner into it?? Just curious!

Malwarebytes can detect Bitcoin miners, so it would protect you against such a threat. This is assuming real-time protection is enabled (on Malwarebytes Premium) and the Bitcoin miner malware used is known to Malwarebytes.

Also, I'm sure that there's a way to make ESEA only start when you play Counter-Strike. Like set the service to "Manual" as it'll start only when needed.

I have no idea of how the "Anti-Cheat" world works to be honest, since I don't play games that requires programs from companies like ESEA, but what they are doing should be classified as illegal since it is indeed a spyware they are installing on your system and no matter the reasons, it shouldn't be allowed. I guess ESEA goes in the same basket as the NSA now.

I have no idea of how the "Anti-Cheat" world works to be honest, since I don't play games that requires programs from companies like ESEA, but what they are doing should be classified as illegal since it is indeed a spyware they are installing on your system and no matter the reasons, it shouldn't be allowed. I guess ESEA goes in the same basket as the NSA now.

Yeah you could pretty much almost say privacy is dead. Welcome to Murica, land of the FREE that was built by slaves and spies on all its citizens. Nowadays companies too have become so crooked :/ 

RIP, im gonna cancel my sub. I just dont feel comfortable having a rootkit running 24/7 even when im not playing any games... 

I would like to see if Malwarebytes AM with Anti-RootKit enabled, and/or Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, RogueKiller, etc. will detect the services from ESEA as suspicious/malicious.

Lol roguekiller has detected it in the past as a rootkit btw.