Possible Malware - BSODs Caused By BAD_POOL_HEADER

Gerrard

Doh! Hit enter too soon.....

1. What do you think helped stop the BSODs? Nothing has stood out to me as being what fixed it.

2. You had me remove McAfee Internet Security and use Microsoft Security Essentials temporarily instead. Am I OK to revert back to McAfee?

3. I'm surprised that that SP1 isn't installed as I'm I'm pretty good at keeping on top of that kind of thing. Just checked and it's been hidden in Windows update for some reason, so will install it ASAP.

4. I'll update Java, thanks for the tip.

5. Will run through and delete the fix tools as suggested.

Thanks for all your help.

Gerrard.

Hi - I just updated Java to the latest version (Java 8 Update 31). I also re-ran SecurityCheck to be sure I'm up to date, but it still says it's out of date. Even the Java.com website confirms I have the latest version. Any ideas?

Thanks.

P.S. How do I buy you a pint?

Yep, still with ya.

Only managed to install SP1 on Sunday so wanted to go through a couple of use / reboot cycles before I replied.

All still seems stable, this evening I'm installed a million updates that Windows wants post SP1.

Any thoughts on returning to McAfee? And that pint?

Thanks,

Gerrard.

• Root Admin

Once all is set and done with Windows Updates I would recommend that you reboot one last time. Then create a new System Restore Point. Then go ahead and remove the MSE antivirus and reinstall your McAfee antivirus.

Let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks Gerrard

Ron

Hi - Did a Who Crashed:

On Thu 05/03/2015 21:43:11 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030615-29889-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: rapportcerberus32_80128.sys (RapportCerberus32_80128+0x61E62)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x22, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\ProgramData\Trusteer\Rapport\store\exts\RapportCerberus\baseline\RapportCerberus32_80128.sys
product: Rapport
company: IBM Corp.
description: RapportCerberus
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: rapportcerberus32_80128.sys (RapportCerberus, IBM Corp.).
Google query: IBM Corp. BAD_POOL_HEADER

Looks like a different culprit - Rapport. It's some security software provided by my bank that checks a website is what it says it is,

I'll remove and re-install, see if that makes a difference

G.

Hi - Quick update:

Despite removing and re-installing Rapport, it caused another BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER, so I've uninstalled it. It's a form of Anti-Malware so as I have MBAM full version, I'm not worried.

Will see how it goes.

Thanks.

• Root Admin

Please note the following.

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software

Unless there is something else I'll go ahead and close your topic now. If you have any new issue please go ahead and start a new topic and we'll assist you further.

Thank you

Ron

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!