DDA driver load error

Hi, @iam4iam:

i am running MBAM 2.0.2.1012 (premium) and frequently get the same error message regarding the Anti-rootkit DDA
Driver. A resolution to this problem would please me greatly!

Sorry to hear you are having issues.
Each computer is unique.
Problems that sound "the same" most often are not.
The same is true for solutions.
They most often need to be individualized.

It is less confusing for everyone if we try to stick to "one user per topic".
If a reboot of the computer doesn't resolve the issue, please start a NEW, SEPARATE topic using this clickable cjfj.png button.
The staff and experts will be able to more easily provide both you and the OP with individual help to get you both up and running.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

I am running MBAM 2.0.2.1012 (premium) and frequently get the error message "Malwarebytes was unable to load Anti-Rootkit DDA Driver." There is an image of the error message in another topic. I originally posted as a reply the topic linked in the previous sentence, but I was requested to start a new topic. Rebooting the computer apparently "fixes" the problem, but only for an arbitrary time, since the error message seems to appear almost every time a scan is run. I have not tried dis-enabling rootkit scanning, because that would not solve the issue. That would only mean I'm not getting to use a feature that I'm paying* to be able to use, and it's certainly not desirable to have to reboot in order to complete the scan process. 

Occasionally I choose "no" (if I am in the middle of another task on the computer when this occurs). Sometimes the error message reappears if I choose no. On one occasion, I had multiple error windows (with this message) at the same time.

I am actually having other issues with MBAM (regarding the scheduling feature), but I reported those via email to support. I figured I would look in the forum for a resolution to this issue, since it didn't occur to me when I was reporting my issues with the scheduler.

BTW, I'm running Windows 7 x64 on both of my computers and the same message occurs on both of them.

*I'm not sure whether rootkit scanning is a feature on the free version, but regardless, it is a feature that I am supposed to have but which causes the scan process to not me to have to reboot the system frequently, and seemingly unnecessarily.

Hi:

First question: is your disk encrypted with anything OTHER THAN Truecrypt?

Second question: what happens if you disable anti-rootkit (ARK) scanning from the Dashboard > Settings > Detection and Protection > UNCHECK "scan for rootkits"?

If your disk is encrypted with a method other than Truecrypt, anti-rootkit scanning is not supported, for technical reasons, as explained here.
So, disabling that feature should resolve the error.

If that doesn't resolve it:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

• Root Admin

Hello and :welcome:

1. Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  2. If that does not correct the issue then please read the following and post back the requested logs. - Diagnostic Logs
  3. NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here: - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Thank You

Question 1: I have no idea. How do I determine this?

Question 2: In theory, I would expect disabling the feature to resolve the issue, but it is only a "valid" resolution if the answer to question 1 is yes, Otherwise the issue is not resolved until the feature is working as it should.

Question 1: I have no idea. How do I determine this?

Question 2: In theory, I would expect disabling the feature to resolve the issue, but it is only a "valid" resolution if the answer to question 1 is yes, Otherwise the issue is not resolved until the feature is working as it should.

Well, if you don't know if your drive is encrypted, then it probably isn't.

One would have software activated (e.g. the Bitlocker that comes with Windows 7 Ultimate) or installed (SecureDoc, Truecrypt, etc).

Most home users do not use drive encryption.

So, please follow the advice I provided originally and that AdvancedSetup has reiterated:

Hello and :welcome:

Thank You

Thanks,

I disabled "scan for rootkits" but the error persists. Requested logs are attached. (MBAM check log may not be helpful, because MBAM is "trying to" scan at the moment. The reason I say "trying to" is because it is stuck in "pre-scan operations," and I will have to reboot the system to correct this. (This a separate issue--which remains unsolved--that I reported via email.) I run mbam-check again after rebooting and attach it as well.

Addition.txt

CheckResults.txt

FRST.txt

Hi:

Until the staff members arrive to fully analyze your logs....

Yes, something is preventing MBAM from installing and working properly.

Your logs also show signs of infection with at least PUPs and other items and they show that you did not perform the requested step #1 of troubleshooting (the clean reinstall of the the program).

However, you mention that you already have an open, working ticket at the help desk.

The forum staff can either close that help desk ticket or they can close this forum topic.

Working in both locations is only going to confuse the issue more and drain precious support resources.

Please let us know what you'd like to do.

Thanks,

The ticket on the help desk is concerning other issues. I wasn't expecting those to be "added" to this topic, but if it is not inappropriate to add them at this point, then I agree that would probably make more sense than corresponding via forum and email. I was going to attach the new check results without scan in progress (stuck in pre-scan operations) and the original check results (with scan in progress and stuck in pre-scan operations) for comparison purposes (perhaps a clue to why scan gets stuck), but I didn't realize the file overwrites each time mbam-check is run. I will try downloading the one I originally attached and renaming it so I can do this.

If both problems relate to the same computer then, yes, it is best to work in only one venue, either here or at the help desk.

So, please just let us know how you'd like to proceed.

Either way, it is a long holiday weekend in the U.S., where most forum volunteers and most Malwarebytes staff are based.

So, please try to be patient.

Thanks,