Start with Windows

I have had the same issue on start up.

RE: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) 2.0.2.1012

I'm running Windows 7 (64) 

I have "Start with Windows" unchecked and the last couple of boots MAM starts up with Windows. I initially had it starting up with Windows but I installed the new version of Bitdefender Total Security 2015 and unchecked it. The other reason why I unchecked it on start up was because it took so long to initiate, which could of been the icon just not showing up in the taskbar. Just wanted to report this in case others ran into the same issue.  Thanks. 

Hello:

Sorry for the delay...

It appears that your post may have been split off from a topic started by another user.

The first suggestion would be the steps described in this pinned topic: MBAM Always Starts with Windows

If that doesn't work, then let's please proceed to the other troubleshooting steps:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hello:

Sorry for the delay...

It appears that your post may have been split off from a topic started by another user.

The first suggestion would be the steps described in this pinned topic: MBAM Always Starts with Windows

If that doesn't work, then let's please proceed to the other troubleshooting steps:

• Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
  • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)
  • NOTE: There is an FAQ section with valuable information located here - Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Thank You. I appreciate the leg work and links. 

Hi:

I was just reading the process that is being asked to resolve the issue and I'm seeing this isn't a configuration issue in the settings but a complete uninstall of the product and re-install of a newer or different version. ?

The pinned topic mentioned here (below) resolves an issue seen on some computers after upgrading in-place from 1.75 to 2.0.
This particular issue hasn't been reported very often recently, with the current build (2.0.2.1012), but it can't hurt to try it:

Hello:

Sorry for the delay...

These next steps are the routine troubleshooting that work for most users with most minor issues with the program.
Step #1 is a clean reinstall -- that works in most cases, if the tutorial is followed correctly and is often the fastest way to get back up and running.
If that doesn't work, then we would need a bit more system info in order to know how to proceed -- that is step #2 (the diagnostic logs).

Please post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Hi:

Thanks I appreciate it. After I started MAMP backup just a little bit ago (First time)

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean -- what is "MAMP backup"? :(
Are you referring to Malwarebytes Secure Backup (MBSB), or something else?

I updated everything and then I went to close it out and it wouldn't let me. Icon remained in the taskbar. Had to go into Windows Task Manager and close out the process. ?

Again, I'm not sure what "it" is -- MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware)?  MBSB (Malwarebytes Secure Backup)? Something else?
Which icon for which program?

Were you trying to close the "dashboard"/GUI for a program?

>>This seems to be a new, different issue from the one about which you created this topic?  That's fine, but I am a bit confused. :unsure:
If you could please provide a bit more detail about which program is misbehaving, that would help us to better help you.

It might also help if we could get a wee bit of info about your system, to see what might be going on.
Please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean -- what is "MAMP backup"? :(

I didn't explain myself. I meant that I started or initaited Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. After I right clicked and exited out on the icon in the taskbar MAMP doesn't close. It's been five minutes now and it's still there and unable to bring down a menu with right click and left click won't bring up the GUI to the desktop. When I check the task manager mbam.exe *32 it is still a running process. When I end the process from task manager and go back to the desktop taskbar icon and it will then close out. ? 

I've been a loyal customer and advocate of Malwarebytes for years and I use it extensively on my computer work and recommend it always to my friends and customers for removal of hard to get malware, adware, spyware and viruses. The development is exciting and the new look is really cool with Premium. Understanding how each and every computer responds and acts differently depending on what software is loaded, starting services, conflicts in software duplication, as well as uncleaned junk and various forms adware traps etc,. I think I have a very clean and great running computer. The issues I'm seeing in the the sluggishness with Premium, such as loading, starting, and also exiting. The effectiveness of the software has been 5 Stars after it's initiated but in my opinion there needs to be some improvement with integrating the software into the computer services. Understanding of course this can be isolated situations based on computer configurations.   Thanks and have a great day. 

Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Intel Core 2 Q6600

4GB DDR2
Radeon R9 270X