problems with new Malwarebytes

Hi:

I recently uploaded version 2 over the top of 1.75 (I had a lifetime license for the old one) and I'm having problems with it.  Rootkit drivers won't load (so I disabled the rootkit scan to be able to run a scan) and I can't get the realtime protection to stay enabled.  Any ideas?  Also, how do I find my code for my lifetime license on my computer?

Dixie

Hi:

I recently uploaded version 2 over the top of 1.75 (I had a lifetime license for the old one) and I'm having problems with it.  Rootkit drivers won't load (so I disabled the rootkit scan to be able to run a scan) and I can't get the realtime protection to stay enabled.  Any ideas?

Since you're having issues keeping the protection module enabled and loading the ARK drivers, first, please reboot the system.

If that doesn't resolve your issue, then please try these steps:

NOTE:  If your hard drive is encrypted with any other method, EXCEPT Truecrypt, ARK (anti-rootkit) scanning is not supported (but regular scanning is).  So, disabling ARK from the Detection & Protection and advanced scan settings should resolve that error.

Also, how do I find my code for my lifetime license on my computer?

Since you previously had 1.75 installed on this system, you can use the instructions here to look up the ID and key from the Registry.

If you are not comfortable doing that, then the best bet would be to contact the e-commerce partner, cleverbridge, and have them look up the license ID and key info.

Instructions for that are >>HERE<<.

(You can always enable the default 14-dy trial of MBAM 2 PREMIUM after the reinstall, while you sort out the license issue.)

Please post back and let us know how it goes,

Hi, again:

The path to the license ID/key in the Windows registry depends on whether you are on a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the the OS, as shown >>here<<:

Location for Windows x86 32-Bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Location for Windows x64 64-Bit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Having said that, if you're not comfortable poking around in the registry, and/or you're not sure if your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, then the best bet to obtain your license ID and key might be to proceed as follows:

• Step 1:
    • Locate the email sent at the time of purchase from the Malwarebytes e-commerce partner, cleverbridge (the info will be in that email); OR
    • Contact cleverbridge directly and have them look it up for you -- the instructions to do that are >>HERE<<;OR
    • If neither of those works, please let us know, as there is one more way we can try to locate that info on the computer.
    • In any event, you can still do the clean reinstall of MBAM 2 --- it will automatically offer you a 14-day trial of MBAM Premium; this should be enough time to sort out the license issue.
  • Step 2:
    • Once you have your license info available:
    • Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
    • If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the update.

If you are still having issues after cleanly reinstalling version 2.0.2.1012, then please read the following and post back attached to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

The logs will assist the staff and experts in determining what the problem and solution might be.

Thanks!

Hi:

Though it's cold comfort and doesn't solve YOUR problem, there are many millions of users of this program for whom it works just fine.

Each computer is unique, so it's impossible to say if it's a software conflict, a system configuration problem, malware or other issue on your particular computer.

Nearly all problems can be resolved - most of them quite easily.

The staff, experts and forum helpers would be more than happy to assist you.

But as we are not in front of your computer, we would need a bit of information from the Diagnostic Logs in order to help you.

Running the scanners only takes a few minutes.

But, if you prefer not to do so, please feel free to post back at any time, or to open a ticket at the help desk for free, email support >>HERE<<.

Take care,

I'll close this thread for you and I'm sorry for the trouble you've had, but just in case you are reading this, should you decide to continue trying to get it to work and you've run this tool which is one of the ones listed in the Diagnostic Logs link posted several times by the user above and you're running any Windows version newer than Windows XP (e.g. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) and you discover an entry in that logfile stating that the BFE (Base Filtering Engine) service is missing, disabled or not running then it is likely that your system either is now or was in the past infected by a rootkit and performing the steps in this post, in particular the part about running FixDamage.exe and restarting your computer should resolve the issue.

If you do wish to continue troubleshooting the issue then please contact Malwarebytes Consumer Support or create another topic on this forum and we will gladly assist you.