Threat scan takes very long time

I just completed a Threat Scan and the time is worse than ever - 32 and a half hours! You'll see that it found an infection. We have had that pop up the last few days (since using MBAM 2.x) on the resident MBAM. We quarantine it every time, shutdown, restart and all seems well then it pops up again at some time. I don't know if that's related or not. Nothing else that we scan with shows anything related to the HOSTS file or the registry key.

post-8261-0-31515200-1401460229_thumb.pn

Hello pgovotsos:

Since a hosts component is ordinarily never present in a %WINDIR% directory, compounded by its repeating identification as a Trojan, and its root origin(s) have yet to be identified, please consider the following:

I recommend following the advice from the topic: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Malware Removal Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

If, as recommended, you do open a topic in Malware Removal Help, please make reference to this thread.

Thank you.

It looks like that was a one off. The repeated warning is on another PC, not the one that we've been working on.

Every tool that I run is showing the system is clean. I ran both while Windows was running normally as well as boot CDs. I ran MBAM, NOD32, spybot, Super antispyware, emsisoft, McAfee Stinger, Norton, ClamWin, AVG, Dr Web, Avira, Bitdefender, Comodo and Kaspersky. If there was something lingering I'd think at least one of those would find it so we're back where we've been.

It doesn't seem to matter what I scan with MBAM. Even just scanning the Windows directory tree with MBAM threat mode with archive scan off takes 15 hours.

• Root Admin

Please open a new topic in this forum: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

Please post a link back to this topic here in your new topic above.

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=148883

Then let me know when ready and we'll look at running some other tools and processes to see if we can track down this issue or not.

Thank you