Four instances of Pup.Optional.Conduit.A after running full scan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I navigate to Programs and Features (Uninstall or change program) there is no program listed as Adobe Reader 8.  The only Adobe Reader listed is Adobe Reader X.  The other Adobe programs listed are Adobe AIR, Adobe Digital Editions, Adobe Flas Player 11 ActiveX, Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 and Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6.

Side note, I have not updated Java yet from the same instructions above.  Should I do that now or wait until we resolve the Adobe Reader issue?

Everything seems to be working properly other than since running some of these programs I get a dialog/message box popup from Windows each time the system restarts telling me that Google Chrome stopped working.  It tries to fix the problem but can't find a solution.  After closing the box I can still run Google Chrome without an issue but wasn't sure if something in one of these programs changed something to cause this issue.

Thanks

I wasn't able to find any good info online about the Google Chrome issue but found enough that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the programs used to clean up my computer so I'll worry about it after everything is cleaned up.  Please let me know the first steps when you can.

Thank you,

We need to remove FRST,  first it is very important to deal with its own Quarantine folder by using FRST itself..

OK, we continue:

Delete any fixlist.txt file previously used, continue:

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into.

NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). That will confirm the removal action, delete if successful.

Next,

Delete FRST.exe from your Desktop or the folder it was saved to, navigate to and delete its folder C:\FRST

Next,

• Re-open otlDesktopIcon.png to run it. (Vista and Win 7 users accept UAC alert)
  • Click on the btnCleanUp.png button.
  • Click Yes to begin the cleanup process and remove tools, including this application
  • You may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the cleanup process - if so, choose Yes

Next,

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

•    
  • Activate UAC

• Remove disinfection tools

• Purge System Restore

• Reset system settings

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any logs remaining from Zoek or other tools can be deleted, also navigate to and delete C:\zoek_backup folder

Let me know if those steps complete ok...

Regarding Chrome, uninstall then reinstall, see if that makes any difference....

Kevin

FRST is gone.

Ran OTL cleanup successfully.

Ran Delfix successfully.

Only items remaining on desktop are FRST-OlderVersion folder and ESET SCAN.txt file.

I do have DelFix.txt on my c: yet.  Should I delete?

There was no C:\zoek_backup folder on my system as I don't recall downloading or running that tool.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!