windows update keeps saying failed

========== FILES ==========

File/Folder C:\Users\Josh\desktop\IObit\GBV3contextmenu.dll not found.

C:\Users\Josh\desktop\IObit\Game Booster folder moved successfully.

C:\Users\Josh\desktop\IObit folder moved successfully.

OTM by OldTimer - Version 3.1.21.0 log created on 12022013_185125

Your system should be clean after the last fixes were completed, next process really depends on you, what is the status of your system, are there any remaining issues or concerns....

Re-run Malwarebytes, select FULL scan. kill anything it finds and post the log...

Also this to check security, status of Java, Adobe etc...

Download Security Check by screen317 from either of the following:

http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe or http://screen317.changelog.fr/SecurityCheck.exe

Save it to your Desktop. (If your security alerts either accept the alert, or turn the security off while Secuirity Check runs)

Double click SecurityCheck.exe (Vista or Windows 7 users right click and select "Run as Administrator") and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. Press any key when asked.

A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

Post hose logs, i`ll catch up later.....

Cheers,

Kevin... ;)

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.77  

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)  

Internet Explorer 10 Out of date! 

``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 

Windows Firewall Enabled!  

AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2014   

Antivirus out of date!  

`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300  

Java 7 Update 45  

Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.117  

Mozilla Firefox (4.0.1) 

Google Chrome 31.0.1650.57  

````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe  

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe  

AVG avgwdsvc.exe 

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe   

`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 

Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0% 

````````````````````End of Log`````````````````````` 

I'm still getting the same error I was getting from the start.  Can I ask is using my recovery disk that I made when I bought the computer something that will clean this mess up?  I read on windows 7 forums that was the only way people could get the error to go away.  Any ideas/suggestions?

The issue you refer to is Windows Updates, is that correct. Run the following :-

Download Farbar Service Scanner from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/ and run it on the computer with the issue.

Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Kevin, thanks for all your help, I finally just gave up and backed up my important stuff and did a complete restore.  I really appreciate your time and effort, but after doing a bunch of research over the last few days, the only way people were fixing this issue was a factory restore.  That and my wife complaining at me over the last week while I've been trying to get this fixed.  She was afraid even after all of this some things might still be on the computer.  Since I have bank info, and multiple computers connected on a network, I had to wipe it clean.

Thanks again for all your time and effort!  I appreciate it a ton.  Once I get my paypal passwords changed I will shoot you a little money!

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!