sunkist.notifylcondata

morkie

TapiSrv, =  Telephony service gave me an error msg, "could not stop error 1503"

The above service should actually not have been running, start up type should be "manual" if that is the case it may give the error you quoted...

Has there been any improvement made stopping any of the related services....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe this is actually a malware/virus issue, All recent scans are clean, Can you run the system in a Clean Boot mode once again and see how it responds.

When you follow the instructions make sure to leave any non MS services that control Security or Internet access active,

Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK.

The System Configuration Utility dialog box is displayed.

We now need to configure selective startup options:

• In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.
  • Click to clear the Process SYSTEM.INI File check box.
  • Click to clear the Process WIN.INI File check box.
  • Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. Verify that Load System Services and Use Original BOOT.INI are checked.
  • Click the Services tab.
  • Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  • Click Disable All, and then click OK. this will disable none MS services.
  • When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.

When you receive the following message, click to select the Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows start check box, and then click OK.

Run in that mode with active internet and security, how does it respond,

Thanks for the update, I still believe this to be a service clash problem. As none MS services is not the issue the options narrow down to MS service file issue, possibly corrupt reg files.

This has gone on far too long with no real progress, only clean scans. I believe the best option now is to re-install windows, this may seem a bit drastic but I cannot honestly see a better way forward. Go to following link for advice:

http://www.techhive.com/article/129977/article.html

There is also the possibility of removing and reinstalling SP3, that is not without risk and can end up with a shattered registry and a none bootable system.....

Or a repair install, this installs XP over the top, nothing is lost programs/data etc... Go here for instructions:

http://windowssecrets.com/langalist-plus/reinstall-xp-without-losing-any-software-or-settings/

Let me know if any of the above options are suitable for you....

• 2 weeks later...