[SOLVED] Online Banking

NAHybrid326

I am currently looking for the best free online banking protection. I currently use Chrome with Lastpass. I also use avast Free 2014. Sandboxie does not protect online banking so that's not an option. I am using Hitman Pro Alert but not sure if MAE would be a better choice. So basically in a nut shell................Can MAE protect my online transactions. I pay all my bilks online. Thanks. 

• Staff

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protects against exploits, which are typically the infection vector of choice for cyber-crime gangs who install banking trojans. So yes from that perspective it will protect your online transactions. Also it will help if you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to scan your computer to make sure it is clean from trojans and other malware.

I am currently looking for the best free online banking protection. I currently use Chrome with Lastpass. I also use avast Free 2014. Sandboxie does not protect online banking so that's not an option. I am using Hitman Pro Alert but not sure if MAE would be a better choice. So basically in a nut shell................Can MAE protect my online transactions. I pay all my bilks online. Thanks. 

Rapport Trusteer may be supported by your bank and it's FREE.. I use BofA ... Not to detract from MBAE.. Just an option I've always used. I normally don't depend on a BETA product on a production machine.

The link to see if your bank supports it: http://www.trusteer.com/ProtectYourMoney

Steve

CPU usage, ram usage and I/O counts are the same on any system when you install Trusteer. Trusteer uses about 75-100MB of ram. All it does is protect websites. avast Free uses 12MB and that is protecting your entire pc. There is no reason Trusteer needs to use that much ram. Regrdless if your have 4GB of ram or more. 

• 1 month later...

I have a client that uses the Panini program to transmit deposits to the Bank remotely. After several hours of trouble shooting I decided to disable Anti-Exploit Version 0.09.4.1000. This resolved the issue.

Evidently the anti-Exploit program was causing the Java program to misfire stating that the parameters for the Panini USB device were wrong. The transmission if any data (Deposit) to the bank stopped. 

Disabling MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit did resolve the issue. Trend Micro Internet Security and the MalwareBytes programs did not cause any issues. I currently have uninstalled the Anti-Exploit program from the clients computer until I can resolve the issue.

Computer is using Win XP SP3