malicious website 111.111.111.111

This morning I updated Malwarebytes to 10.06.01...was 7 days out of date, and now every 30 seconds I am getting a popup that says "Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website: 111.111.111.111. Type: outgoing." I searched the web and only found 3 references to this and they say this is a proxy. I have no proxie installed. Can anyone tell me what this is and what to do? I ran CCleaner and I am using AVG free anti virus, which is updated as of today - 10-06-13. I just ran a complete system scan with both Malwarebytes, and AVG and found nothing. What is this and how do I handle this correctly?

• Root Admin

IP address: 111.111.111.111
No host name is associated with this IP address or no reverse lookup is configured.

Error:Host not found111.111.111.111 is from Japan(JP) in region Southern and Eastern Asia

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

• 2 months later...

Have you installed the KMPlayer recently?

This is well know to be caused by something KMPlayer installs called Pandora.tv. If you open up Task Manager you should find a process called KMPService.exe which will kill the popups in MBAM temporarily if you end it.

Better yet, go to C:\Program files\Pandora.tv\Panservice (could be Program Files (86) if you're 64-bit) and run the Unins000.exe which will uninstall it completely.

Personally I would avoid KMPlayer totally these days, it's become full of adware and there's even talk of it logging your activity as well. There are plenty of other quality media players around without all these issues...

A list from Virus Total on this I.P address information -

Please follow the advice above from AdvancedSetup.

Thank You -

• Root Admin

Yes, sadly The KMPlayer has gone downhill now for well over a year.  Used to be a good player (better than VLC in many regards) but with the current one and the PUP and advertising it's become a useless player for me.  Between VLC and Windows Media Player there isn't much they cannot play.