[SOLVED] MBAE crashes Opera

cork1958

I'm on Win7x64, Core i5-2500k OC'ed to 3.9Ghz (air cooling on CM Hyper 612 in a tropical climate), 8GB RAM, 238GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS drive), using the Intel integrated graphics HD 3000. A screenshot of Win Task Mngr and MBAE is attached below. Refering to the MBAE window, I just noticed Opera doesn't show up in MBAE's log, although it does show that a 4th app is protected, which is presumably Opera? Hope this helps.

post-143749-0-95235000-1376308933_thumb.

• Staff

I'm on Win7x64, Core i5-2500k OC'ed to 3.9Ghz (air cooling on CM Hyper 612 in a tropical climate), 8GB RAM, 238GB Samsung 830 SSD (OS drive), using the Intel integrated graphics HD 3000. A screenshot of Win Task Mngr and MBAE is attached below. Refering to the MBAE window, I just noticed Opera doesn't show up in MBAE's log, although it does show that a 4th app is protected, which is presumably Opera? Hope this helps.

attachicon.gifWin7_64bit_Apps.png

Please close MBAE.exe and wait for it to exit completely. Then delete the file log.data.dat from the MBAE installation directory and run MBAE and then Opera again. Does it show now?

My Opera (not default browser) version 12.14 does not have any issues with MBAE with my computer specs as listed in my sig....

That is with the latest version of MBAE? Not that I want to run an old version of Opera though. At least version 12.16 is still going to get security updates!

... Just out of curiosity, why does nobody want to upgrade to Opera 15 which doesn't seem to have any issues with MBAE?

Because it's Chromium with an Opera skin. If we wanted to use Chromium, we already have our pick of Chromium based browsers. We like Opera, not Chromium.

Anyway, I installed MBAE, then read this thread, and now I'm uninstalling it. I don't need browser crashing issues.