dds logs for malware scan

thank u very much dfb!

i will try all of these programs as soon as possible. I've already installed mozilla whit wot, adblock plus and webutation addons (i think i will install also comodo dragon)

So do u think it could be safe to download avast free and use it to scan my external hard drives? I don't think they're onfected but i prefer to be sure.

do u know any good program to do a checksum of the download? it happens every day to download software with "unknown" author, and learn to do checksum could be very useful i think.

very complete and helpful!

hi dfb

just one last question: are avast and malwarebytes sufficient to scan pendrive and external hard drive or are there any specific applications to have more reliable results?

thank u, bye

ok now i have a little bit problem whit avast software updater: it says to me the update state is critical and says to download the latest version of java runtime environment 6; in the oracle website the version 7 was available so i downloaded it... but the software updater still notifies the critical state and says to download the latest 6 version... i tried to reset the database... could i uninstall JAVA 6 update 14 (64-bit) to solve the problem?

thank u

just one last question: are avast and malwarebytes sufficient to scan pendrive and external hard drive or are there any specific applications to have more reliable results?

Those programs should be fine ;).

could i uninstall JAVA ™ 6 update 14 (64-bit) to solve the problem?

Yes. It probably detected the outdated version of Java you had on your computer- getting rid of that (and only having the latest one) should fix that issue.

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!