Adobe reminds Photoshop.com users to move or lose their content

ShyWriter

Adobe reminds Photoshop.com users to move or lose their content

By Alan Buckingham

Published 5 hours ago

photo-picture-album-filmstrip-film-600x400.jpg

Back in February Adobe announced plans to kill the storage portion of its seemingly popular Photoshop.com web service and migrating users' content to Adobe Revel. The move seems painless on the surface -- all of your images will be exported to Revel automatically. Except, that is not entirely the case.

In fact, all of the JPEG images will be moved. Only. Other formats, including video, PSD, RAW, ACR, PNG, TIFF, must be archived by the customer or they will be lost. Those file formats are not yet supported.

Today Adobe began sending notifications out via email to all of its customers, calling it a "friendly reminder", but there was bit more than a warning included about file types. The company also pointed out that "Revel gives you more access to your photos than ever before -- on the web, iPhone, iPad, and Mac". (More...)

Read the rest at: http://betanews.com/2013/03/22/adobe-reminds-photoshop-com-users-to-move-or-lose-their-content/

Steve

More joys of the CLOUD revealed. Yet another of the growing reasons I'm not a fan of the CLOUD

Yep.. I don't keep anything of value online.. Even tho' I have a free Amazon Cloud Drive. I prefer to keep important stuff on my external hard drive with *really* important stuff backed up there and again on a 16-gig flash drive..

Steve

• Root Admin

It has it's purpose but certainly not something to rely on. If your data backup requirements are low then it could be useful to keep "important" documents stored there (in an encrypted format) just in case you had a house fire or someone broke in and robbed you. But day to day life in the Cloud is not for me.