infected by trojan.agent in svchost.exe

Also, I could not disable Java with the Java Control Panel (mine was different than in the tutorial, and I could not find the box it indicated under the Security tab). I disabled it under Chrome and Firefox. I rarely use IE, but I want to be able to disable it for that too, using the Java Control Panel.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I just reinstalled Norton 360, and everything seems to be running fine. Thank you for all your help. :]

Can I get rid of TFC now?

• Staff
I was wondering, in Firefox, there is another plugin called "Java Deployment Toolkit". Do I need to disable that as well?
yes, that can be disabled too.
Also, I could not disable Java with the Java Control Panel (mine was different than in the tutorial, and I could not find the box it indicated under the Security tab). I disabled it under Chrome and Firefox. I rarely use IE, but I want to be able to disable it for that too, using the Java Control Panel.
sometimes the Java display panel doesn't show up, try uninstalling Java completely, then re-install it, but if you don't use IE, then no harm in leaving it as it is.

Anyways, I just reinstalled Norton 360, and everything seems to be running fine. Thank you for all your help. :]

Can I get rid of TFC now?

That's good to hear, yes, you can delete TFC if you wish (or keep it and run it every few months or so to clean up the temp files)