Keeps telling me it has expired

I downloaded the free version of malwarebytes a bit ago and I am assuming it just gave me the free trial of the paid version. The trial expired and the little icon was all greyed out saying it expired.

I tried to just download the free version and that didn't work. So I completely removed it off my computer and redownloaded the free version, making sure I didn't click on any trials or anything.

Everything was fine and then a week or so later it is back to telling me it is expired :(

It is really annoying & I am not sure if it is even working or if I am getting protection or what? I had gotten a horrible trojan before which is why i got it in the first place so I am really worried about if it is even working.

Any help?

Hi, moonkissed: :)

After the free trial of MBAM PRO expires after 14 days, the program reverts to the Free, on-demand version .

If you tried to reinstall without doing a proper, clean uninstall first, then something might be corrupted.

I'm not sure I understand correctly from your post if you want the Free or the PRO version?

Only the PRO version offers real-time protection to run alongside your anti-virus (AV), as well as other enhanced features: http://www.malwareby...warebytes_free/

It is designed to run alongside your AV, not to replace it: http://helpdesk.malw...ivirus-software

However, to keep the PRO version after the 14-day trial expires, you'll need to purchase a license (which is "lifetime"): http://www.malwareby...lwarebytes_pro/

In any event, I'd suggest you start with a clean uninstall/reinstall, first.

If you want to run ONLY the Free version, then just untick the box for the automatic free trial of the PRO version in the setup wizard.

• If you are running MBAM PRO, please be sure you have your license ID and key available (sent via email at the time of online purchase, or in the box).
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE.
  • It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so - this is very important!
  • After the computer restarts, download the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE, then temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and run the installer. (Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which are prominently displayed on the mirror sites -- they are ads and MBAM does not have any association with them.)
  • -->If you only want to run MBAM Free, then un-tick the option for the free trial of PRO during the setup.
  • -->If you are using MBAM PRO, you will need to reactivate (register) the program using the license ID & key.
  • Launch the MBAM program and (if you are using MBAM PRO) set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the system tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions, as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs HERE, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

HTH,

daledoc1