Is there any antivirus programs for iphone?

Guest BlairWitch

Guest BlairWitch

Hello i just thought to ask if anyone knows that is there any antivirus programs for iphone and is there any free version? Maybe this is a stupid question but i just though to ask. I tried to search it from google but i did not find any good results.

Cool! Can you get that from the App store? How do you know for sure which one is the legit one (in case there are copy-cat ones?)

Lookout only provides cloud storage and phone finder for iphone, currently there are no AV applications for the iphone but there are a few companies providing secure browsers such as Webroot.

Guest BlairWitch

Hello and thanks for the replies. I was searching the appstore and found this program called TrusR lite which is free from some company called Rookie ApS, there is also the full version which costs about two euro's. I dont know if the program is any good since i could not install it because i got message that my iphone must be updated to ios 4.2 there is just one problem when i try to update my iphone to the latest ios version the itunes downloads the update for some 100 mb and then it nags something about the connection being reset and some other crap. I also found this from bit defender http://news.cnet.com...ivacy-behavior/ not quite antivirus but somekind of a security program.

Here is a youtube video about the TrustR program...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_-W4REIvw

Iphone/IPAD does not need this kind of things. All the IOS APPS work in th sandbox, they can not touch each other. I think.

While that may be true, it would be good to have something to warn a user if one of the apps itself was malicious.

For example, a trojan app could easily be crafted to look like a legitimate application where a user would normally put in personal info such as email address(es), credit card numbers and anything else. With no security software on the system to identify the trojan application as a threat, the user that downloaded and installed this trojan app would have no warning whatsoever about the malicious nature of the app and the bad guys would have the info they were after.

While that may be true, it would be good to have something to warn a user if one of the apps itself was malicious.

For example, a trojan app could easily be crafted to look like a legitimate application where a user would normally put in personal info such as email address(es), credit card numbers and anything else. With no security software on the system to identify the trojan application as a threat, the user that downloaded and installed this trojan app would have no warning whatsoever about the malicious nature of the app and the bad guys would have the info they were after.

APP Store is the only place to download a APP as I know. Apple should make a checking for all the APPs and they can stop a APP remotely easily.

Also I can not understand how a AV in IOS can know users are downloading a new APP, there should be no similar API or Filter or Hook like in Windows. Apple should not allow this kind of APP to be in the APP store. Only for JailBreak?

That's true, but both for the sake of those who are using jailbroken phones as well as just in case something does slip past Apple because they've failed to thoroughly verify that an app is not malicious, I think it would be nice to have an option.

There are other things to consider as well, such as potential vulnerabilities within the browser(s) used on such devices. Safari on both Windows and OSX has already proven itself to be quite vulnerable to malicious attacks and exploits, and I've no doubt that the malware makers will find ways in to the iPhone as well.