Finally, A Phone That's Worth $500.00

GT500

I like my Palm Pre, however I have never believed that it was worth the $550.00 retail price. $200.00 would be acceptable for most of these smart phones that we see with $500+ price tags, but I don't feel that any of them are worth the full retail price.

That being said, ASUS is about to put a new Android phone out on the market, and when I watched the video below I said to myself "This has got to be the first phone that's actually worth paying $500 for". I have been a fan of ASUS for many years (well, not so much of their drivers for their sound cards, but I love their motherboards) and this is a great example of what a hardware manufacturer can do if they put some time into R&D and focus on coming up with some truly innovative products.

So, after watching that video, is anyone else as excited as I am?

Arthur; here's some additional information on that phone as well as static images on the article's page..

post-35425-0-78711000-1330531380.gif

ASUS Padfone April release – stylus headset included [Hands-on]

Cory Gunther, Feb 27th 2012

Here at Mobile World Congress 2012 at the ASUS Innovation press conference they are just starting to take the wraps of off what we can expect to see in 2012. Jumping right into the ASUS Padfone running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and its 1.5 GHz Qualcomm S4 processor, with built-in 4G LTE. This is a phone, a tablet, and even has an included “headset stylus”. Yes full stylus support that doubles as a headset. More info on the April date and more below.

IMG_4754-580x386.jpg

ASUS kicked things off showing us everything we’ve been enjoying from them thus far. And now they are showing the next “transformation” with the ASUS Padfone. With the full specs being officially confirmed. The phone comes complete with the Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core S4 processor and 4G LTE. Rocking a 4.3″ qHD 960×540 AMOLED display, 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage with 8 megapixel rear and 1.3 front cameras. ASUS has added micro-HDMI along with the usual micro-sd port as well. Obviously it docks right into the tablet for 5x the battery life (no exact specs were given on battery). With Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board too, all coming in April.

SOURCE: Read the full story with photos at http://www.slashgear...ds-on-27215664/

Steve