Hey Malwarebytes community! Its been a while since i had Malwarebytes' anti-malware installed on my other computer... I am thinking about installing malwarebytes' on this laptop computer of mine that runs windows 7.. I want to know what is the file size of Malwarebytes? and does the file size go up every definition update.. if yes, by how much? :)

Greetings :)

The total disk size used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware varies (especially if you save a ton of logs, but those are relatively small so it takes MANY of those to make any real impact on disk space), but it's generally between 15-20MB. The database size does vary, but usually only by fractions of 1MB (generally between 5-8MB in total size). We also shrink the database from time to time by optimizing it, combining signatures into more powerful/generic heuristics definitions and we also occasionally remove obsolete definitions for extremely old infections that are no longer found in the wild.

I hope that helps to clear it up for you, please let us know if there's any other assistance we may offer.

One additional note: the amount of disk space will also increase when you quarantine detected threats because Malwarebytes Anti-Malware backs up everything it has removed by default, but you may purge the quarantine at any time you choose by accessing the Quarantine tab and using the Delete or Delete All functions. The same is true of your logs, they may be removed at any time by accessing the Logs tab and using the Delete or Delete All functions.