removing google (about config)

mbyuser

atm if i open a new tab in firefox the seach starts atutomaticly with google.

i know i can get around this by useing a bookmarked search engine,however i would like to change firefox,so if i open a new tab by right clicking on the file section and opeing a new tab from there,the search starts with scroogle or another seach engine of my chioce.

i know i would have to be carefulll however,i am sure if i understand correctly what i have read up on,i can change this useing about:config.

can someone help me with clear instructions on how do this correctly as i know its not somthing i should do wiily nilly as to speak.

i dont mind a private messsage on how to go about this,as i know about:config is not to be messed with foolishly.( i have used about:config before and understand anything i do is at my own risk)

thanks.

i have allready done that exlie;a long time ago (nice to see you again btw)

it doesnt replace the "instant search" thats built into firefox by default.

its when i select a new tab useing;right click on file,right click on new tab,the "instant search" starts with google,i know i can use the smaller box to search with any search engine i desire,its the main search bar i am wishing to change from useing googles "instant search" thats built into firefox by default.

i have read up on it,again as i wanted to do this many a year ago,at that time to no avail,however ive now found i can do this with about:config,alou atm i only know how to dissable it the "instant search" and not change the value to what i wish it to be.