Runtime Error 453 - can't find DLL entry point LanguageSetPath in mbam

Sorry if this is asked/answered but I can't search a string with less than 4 characters and "453" is just that...

Program seems to run, but no dialogue in a popup notification made me click only to find the runtime error 453. This comes up when I try to open the applet

runtime error 453

Can't find DLL entry point LanguageSetPath in mbam

Sorry if this is asked/answered but I can't search a string with less than 4 characters and "453" is just that...

Program seems to run, but no dialogue in a popup notification made me click only to find the runtime error 453. This comes up when I try to open the applet

runtime error 453

Can't find DLL entry point LanguageSetPath in mbam

Can't find an edit button, so....

After a restart, the program did not load.

I found the clean uninstall exe in another thread. Uninstalled the program, rebooted and installed the version on majorgeeks.

I noticed during install it did not seem to update to the same date the older version had, so I am guessing there is going to be some work done on the updates if indeed it was not a local problem with my machine.

I will monitor the thread and post if any more incidents occur. But the "no news is good news" adage will apply for me.

In case it is involved, a quick scan brought up a threat that wasn't there as recently as last week. it is :

PUP.ADWARE.Downloader located at Users\user\Appdata\local\temp\icreinstall\cnet_gfwlivesetupmin_exe.exe

I just received the same run-time error with Malwarebytes. Interestingly, I recently downloaded a couple of applications from cnet, which you mentioned: Users\user\Appdata\local\temp\icreinstall\cnet_gfwlivesetupmin_exe.exe.

I do not have this same file, but I thought the cnet connection was interesting.

After installing one of the apps I had downloaded from cnet, despite selecting "custom" install and de-selecting the tool bar that they wanted me to install and so on, I discovered that after installation my homepages on Firefox, IE, and Chrome had all been changed to some search engine that I had never heard of before. I changed them back, but it was quite annoying, and I was a little surprised to run into this kind of poor practice from something I had downloaded from cnet.

Spybot did not detect any problems. I am also running a full scan with my antivirus program. This will take some time as I have 5 hard drives and decided to run a full scan, but thought I'd reply first in case anyone else is having a similar problem. I'll update this thread once the antivirus has finished and I've reinstalled Malwarebytes.

I forgot to add that I also found a FAQ entry someehere on this site. saying this error "ususally occurs if one doesn't restart after an install" or something like that. It seems to be sort of normal event, though for me a restart just caused the program not to load. There was a file listed in other threads to do a clean uninstall of Malwarebytes and uninstalling with that and reinstalling has worked for me.